03 Car Cover recommendations

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was wondering what brand car cover you guys are using. Looking for a cover that fits great and is thick. Will be a 100% indoor cover.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
imho the stock one is great, easy on / off, safe for the paint(assuming you clean the car prior..probably not the cheapest though but if you ask around someone probably has one their not using

vip12.JPG

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the post of the other option. Looks to be cheaper then the stocker. Didn't really want to spend $300-400 for a stock cover.
Was really looking for brands, that way when I get a chance to do some searching in the next few days I know what brands to go with.

Maybe someone will have one laying around that they might want to sell.
I'll hit up ebay tonight and see what they offer too.

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Flexx said California car cover is the best out there. I had my car at work one day when we got a severe hail storm. I ran out and put the cover on before it started. When I came out afterwards all the cars in the parking lot had hail damage except for mine.
Pay the extra money and get the thick one. It will help in the garage too.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car cover from here:

Car Covers - Covercraft & Coverking Car Covers - Truck & SUV Accessories

Choose the Evolution, but mine is stored outdoors. There is a cover selector on the site to help you choose the best fit based on the usage and durability of each cover properties.

Not cheap...but...worth the cost versus frustration and cost to repair any damages caused by either UV, nature (i.e. birds, tree sap..etc), or even scratches from the cover itself.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ended up getting a stocker off ebay. Price seemed okay for never beeing used. But now that i got it not sure it's as thick as I wanted. So may end up selling it and getting a thicker one.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a Cover King one, great for INDOOR use only. It's nice and soft and fits perfect. My garage is basically dust proof, but I still see a little bit of dust from time to time and when I see it, I wash it. I have bought two of them, one for my Cobra and now for the Viper. I would buy another one for sure.

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Cover King one, great for INDOOR use only. It's nice and soft and fits perfect. My garage is basically dust proof, but I still see a little bit of dust from time to time and when I see it, I wash it. I have bought two of them, one for my Cobra and now for the Viper. I would buy another one for sure.
I agree, I bought one for the 07 Vette and just ordered another one to fit the 08 Viper coupe. This is made by Cover King and the type is called Satin Stretch, its for indoor use only and the fit is very nice and snug. The price was about $279.

alexmadison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was wondering what brand car cover you guys are using. Looking for a cover that fits great and is thick. Will be a 100% indoor cover.

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

EmpireCovers-Review

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That pic does not have mirror pockets!

PartsRack has very nice 4-layer EVO-Weatrherguard breathable type, fitted covers with mirror pockets, at $259, THANKS. Gen 1 and 2 even include a nice logo-sports bag, same price!!!

Fitted ACR now only only $299!

These 'padded' covers are thick enuf protect the car from cats, branches, scratches etc....

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use a Covercraft Weathershield HP and use them on all three of my cars.

The Viper is garaged, but it too uses this cover because I cover it when I drive it to work on Friday's and it's outside parking.

Wash it in warm water in the washer with one cup of Simple Green.

Comes out looking brand new.

cc8074369

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

EmpireCovers-Review

:2tu:+1 on empire covers. down in south Florida the cars get 'burn your skin hot' the sun cover from empire keeps it at least 70 degrees cooler.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Flexx said California car cover is the best out there. I had my car at work one day when we got a severe hail storm. I ran out and put the cover on before it started. When I came out afterwards all the cars in the parking lot had hail damage except for mine.
Pay the extra money and get the thick one. It will help in the garage too.

I got the California cover because of this post, put it on the car today. It is the most expensive "Superweave" with "Ultimate Outdoor Protection"
It's a good fit but seems too thin to protect from hail? I guess time will tell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62