08 Mopar ECU controller

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me a little about the Mopar off road ECU controller for an 08. Can currently has belanger headers and cat back. Is the controller a stand alone new computer or does it upload to the existing ECU>?
Where to purchase?
Est cost?
Easy to install?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I have one in my 09 ACR. would you or mark know if this will pass emissions when the time comes? I purchased my ACR from woodhouse last yr.

folco scappaticci

If they hook into your OBD port to download codes, etc., you probably won't pass. I'm 99% sure that's the case in California. If they just do a tailpipe check, you should be fine.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silversrt, I have an 08 coupe with stock exhaust and needed to reinstall the original controller and drive for like 100 miles for everything to reset. Also the folks testing suggested a full tank of gas. Passed on the first try. My wife 08 convt, took three tries testing to see if the Mopar PCM would pass, it would not. To change out the controllers is only three screws and 4 plugs. Good luck.

Richard

Reaction score
Correct, the PCM is for "off road" only. The rear 02 sensors will show fault codes if they hook into it, but will easily pass the sniffer test.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me a little about the Mopar off road ECU controller for an 08. Can currently has belanger headers and cat back. Is the controller a stand alone new computer or does it upload to the existing ECU>?
Where to purchase?
Est cost?
Easy to install?

Who has these in stock? Price?

Any benefit to running it with stock exhaust? Won't miss the popping on decel that I have heard it eliminates.

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan do you also install/setup the Mopar controllers? If so what is the total price of purchase + install? I plan on buying one sometime in the near future, and always love taking a trip to Buffalo.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan do you also install/setup the Mopar controllers? If so what is the total price of purchase + install? I plan on buying one sometime in the near future, and always love taking a trip to Buffalo.

Nope, I cannot. I do not have a StarScan/Starmobile device that the 08-10's require. However, the dealership I work with certainly could.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang