1 piece BBS wheels for sale

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New lightweight one piece available aftermarket through Dodge and BBS - mostly showing up on World Challenge cars. CC's still ship with 3 pc BBS as standard.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Janni. Could you upgrade a standard GTS Viper to these? Are they 18x13 and 18x10? THANKS

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig,
My guess is that the offsets are a little different, but I think the sizes are right on. I'll take a look at some tomorrow at our club event and see if they look like they could be put on a stock car with no spacers, etc.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Janni and Peter. Peter gave me the scoop that he has 1 piece 18x10/18x12 and also 3 piece 18x11 and 18x13. I have no clue about the offsets and wonder if it's a good idea anyways to run magnesium rims on the street.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope - the three piece are the stock BBS design - aluminum. If you bend something, you just replace the rim half which usually bends. The centers are VERY strong and are magnesium, but again, these wheels weigh more. The stock 3 piece design looks like the ACR wheel and are about $1K less expensive that the one piece / lightweight wheels.

The one piece are all magnesium and I know the World challenge guys tend to go through them, as they can fairly easily bend if you go off track or really slam the car on the curbing. They cannot be repaired.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, Does it seem strange to you that the 3 piece has a 18 x 11 front as opposed to the 18x10 stock?

I wonder if this would cause a problem on a street driver? You'd have to get a 295 or 305 tire.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the Comp Coupe wheels this past weekend - they don't seem different from a stock wheel - although I know they are different than the 3 piece that Henry runs on his GTS racecar. (But I think his fronts are 12")

We ordered 3 piece BBS's for a couple of T1 cars and I think the offsets were really close (if not the same) as the CC.....

If I head over there tonight, I'll start measuring stuff.

And a wider front tire isn't a bad thing on a GenI/GenII - all the Viper Days guys are running up to a 315 and still keeping lock to lock steering.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig,
After further investigation and information - the offsets are different for the Comp Coupe wheels and a GenI/GenII. They are about 17 and 37 mm less, front and rear, respectively. This would increase the track of your car, both front and rear.

Probably not recommended to put additional strain on suspension of your car. (Although that never seems to stop the Hondas with the wheels/tires sticking out 8" beyond the wheel wells....;))

I'd consider looking at Bugeater's auction for stock ACR wheels on eBay for a good alternative that you know will fit properly.

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

Are you going to be at VIR next month? I hope to catch up with you at the track. It has been a while since we spoke at Sebring. I hope to see you at VIR.

Have a Happy 4th of July!! :usa:

Stan Wilson #92

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stan,
OF COURSE we'll be there - the NC Region will be out in force. We'll hve 4 or 5 racers and 10 or 12 Challenge Series drivers.

We'll be pitting with Kenny - you are welcome to join us!

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

Excellent! Count me in! Cheryl and I will arrive in the early evening on Friday. I have spoken to Bobby about tires, and I have the hotel. This will be a lot of fun!!!

Stan Wilson #92 - Dodge Viper Competition Coupe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra