1496 rwhp dyno graph, vid, etc...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big thanks to Jay with the '74 TA for waiting for me to get off the dyno AND for having a vid camera with him.

video link: YouTube - Viper 1496

As you can hear on the vid, I actually took timing OUT go get the power level to go up. apparently 17 degrees @ hp peak was too much? Anyway, I’ll get back another time to play with it. but for now, I’m happy with the attached.

Thanks to CPE for designing a system that doesn't overheat and that does what it said it would do. and then some. AEM log data available for those who are interested... just PM me your e-mail addr.

4-13-07-dyno-small.jpg

Yes, it is street tires. And yes, the dyno DID hold the power. On Khumos. Why? my dyno operator built somethin' special with this car a loooong time ago. he's an engineer and what he engineered works magically. And he's used it on some other race cars too. and it worked for them. All i'm sayin' is that tire pressure was 25psi and those were relatively new khumos.

Does this make me the most powerful RT to day? :)

JD

Last edited:

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
4-13-07-dyno-small.jpg

Does this make me the most powerful RT to day? :)

JD[/quote]

I don't know, but HOLY S$&T

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive #'s JD but seems more for bragging than anything. Can you really use that much power on the street? And how "streetable" is it? I had my hands full when I drove a friends 04 SRT with 700rwhp I can't even imagine 1500!!

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive #'s JD but seems more for bragging than anything. Can you really use that much power on the street? And how "streetable" is it? I had my hands full when I drove a friends 04 SRT with 700rwhp I can't even imagine 1500!!

With the AEM, one can control when the power comes on. by speed, gear, etc... so for the street, it is set for low boost. but after a 4th gear shift, it eases into max power. you'd be amazed how streetable this kind of power can be.

but i haven't done any highway pulls yet so i can't tell you for sure. yet...

JD

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"WHEN THIS BABY HITS 4000 R.P.M., YOUR GANA SEE SOME SERIOUS ****!!!!!" :)
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol!

forgot to tell y'all: this was ~25psi. 25.5 at the very top end. my boost controller was maxed. when i get some bigger wastegate springs, i'll try to add 5psi to see how it goes.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joseph, i wanna ride in that beast. CONGRATS !!!

it was a long time coming for ya, but you got it and deserve it !

and i was a little disappointed in your tuning there in the vid...I was suprised it wasnt during the pull or in traffic..:)

Last edited:

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats JD! i know it's been a lot of hard work, and a long time coming. i guess that means when i come over now, we can get it out of the garage pretty quickly! can't wait .....

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video. What was the black stuff on the floor?

The black stuff on the floor is the exhaust being dumped before the side sills.

This allows the turbos to spool more quickly by alleviating the resistance of having to go through the exhaust all the way out the back of the car.

With the electric cutouts closed, the car is docile and more quite than without turbos, when you open them up, you hear the jet engine whoosh of the turbos.

Open cutouts are worth a few ponies as well! About 250 RWHP to be exact!

I am pretty sure it is the highest RWHP and RWTQ RT/10 on the planet!

That thing sure sounds good on the video! Super smooth!

Great job Joseph!

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dyno operator put these metal plates on the floor under the 4" dumps b/c he didn't want his paint sheered off the floor. That's the 'flap' that looks like it wants to take off.

As for fuel, these runs were done with Sunoco 114. The car never detonated once so i can only assume that i did _something_ right. When the 114 is gone, i'm gonna swtich to 110 and see how the car runs. might even pick up some power.

Thanks for the kind words! The props need to go to Paolo for the system design. He worked hard to engineer the system. I'm just the lucky slug who got to tune it... :)

JD

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, when it's all said and done, and the numbers are in the book, start over with Pump gas!

I would LOVE to know what she can do on pump gas with the "higher than normal" compression you run.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black stuff on the floor is the exhaust being dumped before the side sills.

This allows the turbos to spool more quickly by alleviating the resistance of having to go through the exhaust all the way out the back of the car.

With the electric cutouts closed, the car is docile and more quite than without turbos, when you open them up, you hear the jet engine whoosh of the turbos.

Open cutouts are worth a few ponies as well! About 250 RWHP to be exact!

I am pretty sure it is the highest RWHP and RWTQ RT/10 on the planet!

That thing sure sounds good on the video! Super smooth!

Great job Joseph!

Sorry if this sounds like a noob question but can you please tell some more about these cutouts?

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOW!

That is some serious power.

For those who haven't ridden in a tt car with at least 1000rwhp, can one say it is too fast or scary fast? I can say that! Traction becomes the issue not power. When you are going along at 100mph and can spin the tires at will that is insane! HOw about 120, 130,140,150 mph? These big power tt cars can spin the tires to who knows how fast, at least 150mph.

One other thing; if you do get the chance to ride in one and you feel 1st and 2nd and your goin that was good then 3rd wow and then 4th kicks in and you start thinking this pulls harder in 4th than it does in any other gear. No kidden! Then you try to unlock your fingers around the door arm rest and your fingers won't unstick themselves because your arm is now integrated into the door.

Speaking of streetability, Joseph can put the power down as much as he wants according to mph and gear. The srt's tt spin the tires in 1st and 2nd gears with 770rwhp. 3rd gear you can put down 825 at the start and 900 at the end. 4th, well I don't know exactly yet but 900 at the start and at least 1000 at the end. Spinning the tires at 140-150mph isn't too exciting for me so the limits, for me, haven't been reached.

Joseph be careful! These cars can get you in trouble in a hurry and at speed you don't have too much room for error.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds like a noob question but can you please tell some more about these cutouts?

Here are a couple of pictures of where the electric cutouts are located:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

The cutouts picked up about 250 RWHP running about 20 PSI making about 1400 RWHP.

The benefit of this setup is that you can have the car running with the cutouts closed on the street and be quieter than stock and open the dumps when you want to really hear the turbo whoosh!

I am doing a creampuff that will be running low,low boost. I will be installing electric cutouts and will be interested to see how much RWHP is gained by minimizing the restriction of a 3" exhaust on a 488 CI motor.

If it picks up 50-60 RWHP on the same boost level, that means 700 RWHP can be had on about 6 PSI with monster intercooler capacity and a super cool air intake charge for a margin of safety not previously available with superchargers or T-03/T-04 hybrid turbo systems!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOW!

That is some serious power.

For those who haven't ridden in a tt car with at least 1000rwhp, can one say it is too fast or scary fast? I can say that! Traction becomes the issue not power. When you are going along at 100mph and can spin the tires at will that is insane! HOw about 120, 130,140,150 mph? These big power tt cars can spin the tires to who knows how fast, at least 150mph.

One other thing; if you do get the chance to ride in one and you feel 1st and 2nd and your goin that was good then 3rd wow and then 4th kicks in and you start thinking this pulls harder in 4th than it does in any other gear. No kidden! Then you try to unlock your fingers around the door arm rest and your fingers won't unstick themselves because your arm is now integrated into the door.

Speaking of streetability, Joseph can put the power down as much as he wants according to mph and gear. The srt's tt spin the tires in 1st and 2nd gears with 770rwhp. 3rd gear you can put down 825 at the start and 900 at the end. 4th, well I don't know exactly yet but 900 at the start and at least 1000 at the end. Spinning the tires at 140-150mph isn't too exciting for me so the limits, for me, haven't been reached.

Joseph be careful! These cars can get you in trouble in a hurry and at speed you don't have too much room for error.

I remember blowing off the 345 BFG's on JD's car at the top of 4th with about 1150 RWHP.

Super smooth, no drama. It just goes straight on a smooth surface, very nice!

I bet the back end would not step out all that terribly much at 200 MPH in 5th gear!:headbang:

I would imagine 5th would pull harder than 1st and 2nd like 4th did with about 1300+ RWHP!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to give paolo / castellano performance some serious props for designing & fabricating what is in my mind the best designed TT system for power AND reliability. making that much power & not even raising the coolant temps past normal is pure genius. been a loooong time coming. sick achievement.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to give paolo / castellano performance some serious props for designing & fabricating what is in my mind the best designed TT system for power AND reliability. making that much power & not even raising the coolant temps past normal is pure genius. been a loooong time coming. sick achievement.
Have to 2nd this...thumbs up to both Paolo (designing a system...many times:p ) that does what it was intended to do...a lesson in persistence and hard work and to Joseph whose persistence is no less impressive.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to 2nd this...thumbs up to both Paolo (designing a system...many times:p ) that does what it was intended to do...a lesson in persistence and hard work and to Joseph whose persistence is no less impressive.

Earl, I think you are dead on! I do not know whose hands are more beat up from all the wrenching we've done!:D

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm cut outs...will that pass state vehicle inspection?
If you offer a ride to the inspection mechanic do you think he will pass it? lol

Awesome JD!!

Any mods to the transmission or rear to handle this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62