1496 rwhp dyno graph, vid, etc...

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
way to go, this is a GREAT accomplishment and another step forward for CPE! I can not wait to see what she runs at the track! Could be in the LOW 8's with this power! Congratulations Joseph

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome power but it's definitely not streetable. Streetable includes turns and wet driving conditions. No way you can do that while driving spiritedly.

All the same, it's a great accomplishment. What's the expected 1/4 mile time?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome power but it's definitely not streetable. Streetable includes turns and wet driving conditions. No way you can do that while driving spiritedly.

ive been in the car at 1385rwhp and I know it was driven in the rain also.... the car is streetable 100%, no question.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You cannot drive a stock Viper spiritedly in the rain either!

I got caught in the rain with that car making about 1150 RWHP with bald 345 BFG's and drove it home no problem.

The resolution of how the boost comes on with the turbo sizing on this car makes it very easy to modulate how much boost you want.

I also drove this car with 1150 RWHP on a road course and it was very easy to control the boost coming out of the corners.

The instructor told me JD's car pulled harder than his 1000 cc superbike.

I asked him, "What did you expect?"

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe the cutouts picked up 250rwhp... whos idea was that anyway???

Freeing the exhaust out of a 3"/4"/5" dump removes the pressure against the hot side of the turbine housing. Pressure that would normally travel out the rear of the car through all that tubing. Removing that pressure allows the turbo to spin up "spool" faster through the RPM range. Quicker to spin means quicker to boost, higher flow, & higher peak boost. There is another huge factor here. Unwanted underhood heat is being removed from the equation much faster then with a closed to the tail system. The CPE system is ripe with efficiency.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freeing the exhaust out of a 3"/4"/5" dump removes the pressure against the hot side of the turbine housing. Pressure that would normally travel out the rear of the car through all that tubing. Removing that pressure allows the turbo to spin up "spool" faster through the RPM range. Quicker to spin means quicker to boost, higher flow, & higher peak boost. There is another huge factor here. Unwanted underhood heat is being removed from the equation much faster then with a closed to the tail system. The CPE system is ripe with efficiency.

There's another way to ease hot side exhaust pressure without using dumps, but for a race/WOT type application the dumps are probably the easiest to install. :)

Last edited:

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my what a ride!

I have drive a 600 rwhp gen 1 RT and rode in a 600 rwhp/3200lb Nissan pickup w/TT350 and I just can't imagine what 1500 is like.

I did like the discussion of what HP each gear can hold. I think that info is extremely important because it is just so much fun to "horsepower the wheels."

Another reference point: 511 rwhp, "3.40 something rear end" 1st will definitely not hold. 2nd is iffy and depends on road surface and straightness.

I guess you could hold it back a little with a 100lb flywheel (haha this is a joke).

But the beauty of this setup is dealing with altitude if you have the misfortune to live in the Sierra-Nevadas where 5-7000 ft altitude is an everyday occurance. Then, there is 14k if you are screwing around in the rockies.

(at 18k feet you have 1/2 atmosphere and at 7700ft, you have 3/4 atmosphere and HP is basically proportional to atmospheric pressure)

I drive almost exlusively between 5-7k altitude and I can tell you it *****. What is really sucky is if you have an economy car. At those altitudes it feels like when you floor the car, it actually goes slower - I'm not joking....)

Envious,
Tom

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph - Drop me a line when that beast hits the street (or Road Atlanta...or....). I gotta see and hear that thang!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth