150 shot of NOS to a 200 shot ?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deciding if I should go with a 200 shot. Have been running a 150 shot with no problems at all. It is an NX wet kit. Other mods include; tubes, filters,vec-1,Roe high flo cats and a B&B cat-back exhaust.

Any suggestions ?

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It appears as though you have dynoed your car before. Did you ever have an air/fuel test run at the time of the dyno?

I used to run a TNT wet system on my Z06. I ran 462rwhp through the stock cats on a 100hp shot. I noticed that the wet system tended to be pretty safe, since the mixture was usually always running on the rich side according to my a/f tests run at the time of dyno. My compression ratio was always close to if not more rich than stock.

I assumed (although I never tried it) that jetting the system to a 150hp shot would have still been okay, but I would have also assumed the a/f mixture would have been leaner, even though my fuel jets were also increased for the 150hp shot.

Remember the biggest problem in nitrous applications is a lean condition. Wet systems are usually the best at combating this by delivering added fuel along with the nitrous. Dry systems trick the computer into delivering fuel at the same time, but I have always thought tricking the computer is a scary way to make more power...

My suggestion would be dyno the car and a/f it at the same time on a 200hp shot. If you find the compression ratio to be much leaner than stock, trying increasing the size of the fuel jets slightly.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears as though you have dynoed your car before. Did you ever have an air/fuel test run at the time of the dyno?

I used to run a TNT wet system on my Z06. I ran 462rwhp through the stock cats on a 100hp shot. I noticed that the wet system tended to be pretty safe, since the mixture was usually always running on the rich side according to my a/f tests run at the time of dyno. My compression ratio was always close to if not more rich than stock.

I assumed (although I never tried it) that jetting the system to a 150hp shot would have still been okay, but I would have also assumed the a/f mixture would have been leaner, even though my fuel jets were also increased for the 150hp shot.

Remember the biggest problem in nitrous applications is a lean condition. Wet systems are usually the best at combating this by delivering added fuel along with the nitrous. Dry systems trick the computer into delivering fuel at the same time, but I have always thought tricking the computer is a scary way to make more power...

My suggestion would be dyno the car and a/f it at the same time on a 200hp shot. If you find the compression ratio to be much leaner than stock, trying increasing the size of the fuel jets slightly.

*** are you talking about? :2tu: