17" OEM Wheels w/ Dave's Big Brakes

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:
I'm almost done:D this new kit will use SRT-10 calipers w/13" rotors on the front :usa: Now all Vipers can have Big Brakes with 17" OEM wheels:usa:

I'm doing my final fitting on the front right now:drive: rears are done w/ E-Brakes:2tu: Lots of choice for everyone:D Some options will be:

Your Gen2 front calipers on the rear
Tom's 40mm on the rear
what you already have on the rear
All of the above choices require my adjustable proportional valve kit for the best brake balance.

Lets hear who's interested in having real brakes w/ 17" OEM wheels:dunno:

Big Brake Dave:drive: strikes again:D

Last edited:

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on price, I'm definitely interested... Brakes are one of my planned winter projects, and I'd like to keep my 17" wheels if I can...

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on what R/T10 Dave said. I was leaning towards Tom's 40mm but would like to see what you have to offer.

A1998

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on what R/T10 Dave said. I was leaning towards Tom's 40mm but would like to see what you have to offer.

A1998

One of the choices for the rear is Tom's 40mm
Gen2 front calipers on the rear
what you already have on the rear
All of the above choices will require my adjustable proportional valve kit for the best balance:drive:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I volunteer my '97 with the stock wheels as a test mule for the harsh heat in the south. It would be cheaper than driving your car over here to see how the 17" kit handles the climate here. ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there going to be any balance differential issues with the new brake package, and the billet hood latch combined?

I would hate to see the 0.0000000000000001 HP increase from the hood latch canceled by the weight of some bigger calipers.

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too funny. I just bought 18's for this very purpose. That is okay since I don't like the weight of the stock 17's anyway.

:2tu:

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

Will this work equally well for a Gen1?

If I want to upgrade later to 14" rotors and 18" rims, will I need to buy another kit or will I be able to use this kit with new 14" rotors?

Can I use my Gen1 calipers on the rear, or do I need to buy Gen2 calipers?

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

Will this work equally well for a Gen1?

If I want to upgrade later to 14" rotors and 18" rims, will I need to buy another kit or will I be able to use this kit with new 14" rotors?

Can I use my Gen1 calipers on the rear, or do I need to buy Gen2 calipers?

TexasPettey,
Gen1 & Gen2 calipers are the same(but might say RT/10)
Depends on what options you choose, calipers will be reusable, but you'll need a new front bracket kit, as 13" & 14" rotors take a different bracket.
Call for more exact info on which kit would work the best for you.

858-382-4713 cell

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm not following.

Is there going to be a follow up to this teaser offer with pricing? Are we supposed to call someone? Who do we talk to?

I'm new and am not familiar with your offering.

How do we get more info?

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm not following.

Is there going to be a follow up to this teaser offer with pricing? Are we supposed to call someone? Who do we talk to?

I'm new and am not familiar with your offering.

How do we get more info?

Pricing info will be available on my web site & under New Products & Suppliers Specials after I've completed the fitting process. 17" wheels create a major caliper to wheel clearance problem.

If you have 18" wheels, then I have a brake kit for you. Please go to my web site @
www.davesbigbrakes.com

This post was see if there was anyone that wanted a big brake kit for their Viper with 17" OEM stock wheels.

858-382-4713

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm.... the 40mm rear calipers don't require any change in regards to the proportioning valve. In fact, rather than decreasing rear clamping force with an adjustable valve, many people disable the factory valve (simply removing spring or cup seal) and are essentially running without one. You don't have too much rear brake line pressure, there is too little.

A larger than Gen 2 SRT caliper (44/40 mm vs 42/38mm) in the front will absolutely negate the need for reducing brake line pressure in the rear, so again no prop valve needed with 40mm rears.

Recently passed 100 customers for the 40mm conversion.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the info:D

Update on fitting:eater:
Gen1 wheels are ok:2tu: next have to do Gen2 with 17" wheels:drive:

Anyone in the San Diego area have a set?:dunno:

OP
OP
D

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final Update on using SRT-10's on the front with 17" OEM Gen1 & Gen2.

For those that want bigger front brakes for 17" wheels, here's you chance and only from Big Brake Dave:D

Complete info will be on New Products & Supplier Specials :dunno: We do have a thread with this name:lmao: :lmao: