1st Place NASA TTU @ Mid Ohio

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:I picked up a first place trophy at Mid-Ohio this weekend in my first event with the new ACR. I was actually second fastest, but the top guy had 4 wheels off and he should have been DQ'd but the flag workers didn't see him because of being in the valley under the Honda bridge. He graciously gave up the trophy (which he won by coming back on track and posting a faster time than me). I would have been very happy with 2nd since the top guy OWNS the track record there. Anyway, it was a good first effort for the ACR, which now has about 900 miles on it, 400 of which are track miles (mainly test and tune at Putnam last weekend). I had a little trouble getting the aero adjusted optimally.
6240_118120854911_597794911_2441035_1792874_s.jpg

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations ! :headbang:

I wish I could have been there this weekend, but am currently down in Georgia.

By the way, thanks for the ride around the track a few weekends ago at Mid-Ohio in your "old ******". I was the guy that had the Red/Silver Gen 3 running HPDE-1.

Would have loved to see the ACR running Mid-Ohio. (how about some pics !):drive:

By the way, the Mid-Ohio Porche club is running at Mid-Ohio this comming weekend if your looking for some more track time. I am already signed up and plan on being there.:D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations ! :headbang:

I wish I could have been there this weekend, but am currently down in Georgia.

By the way, thanks for the ride around the track a few weekends ago at Mid-Ohio in your "old ******". I was the guy that had the Red/Silver Gen 3 running HPDE-1.

Would have loved to see the ACR running Mid-Ohio. (how about some pics !):drive:

By the way, the Mid-Ohio Porche club is running at Mid-Ohio this comming weekend if your looking for some more track time. I am already signed up and plan on being there.:D

Congrats at Mid OH! sounds like you are getting in the groove with your new Viper:headbang: Good seeing you at Putnam.

Yes, we will be at Mid OH this wknd, Fri-Sun (MORPCA).

Fri night is open to adv/inst. only from 5-8 pm, you can sign up on the MO website if interested.

Sat and Sun is our HPDE, you can go to clubregistration.net if you want to sign up. Garages are sold out.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really have much in the way of pics, just some snapshots in the paddock, etc, but I have some in-car footage that might be worth watching...I am in Cali and Colo on biz this week, so maybe I can put something together next weekend. I will post it here when I do. What kind of metal is going to be there at the PCA event? Anything challenging? I was in the PCA for 15 years, but it has long since lapsed. I don't usu go to PCA event, bc I think most of the PCA would just like to have the track to themselves, so they can run 'momentum' style laps.
SNC00179.jpg

Last edited:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of the 2 PCA's I belong too, they are an awsome bunch of guys and love the american hp. We have a few GT2's, GT3's, a LOTTA 911's and a variety of BMW's and Z06's.

Mid Oh is an awsome track, havn't been there in my snake so I am excited to say the least!

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of the 2 PCA's I belong too, they are an awsome bunch of guys and love the american hp. We have a few GT2's, GT3's, a LOTTA 911's and a variety of BMW's and Z06's.

Mid Oh is an awsome track, havn't been there in my snake so I am excited to say the least!
You will have a blast...just try not to **** any of them up into your intake! LOL

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer,

Congrats on the 1st place finish, and also on a gorgeous ACR.

What mods do you have. I know driving is what got you to the 1st place finish, but I would like to know if you still have stock gears and what other mods you may have.

Is there a lot of fabrication to change the steering wheel like you have done or does someone make a kit?

Thanks!!

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer,

Congrats on the 1st place finish, and also on a gorgeous ACR.

What mods do you have. I know driving is what got you to the 1st place finish, but I would like to know if you still have stock gears and what other mods you may have.

Is there a lot of fabrication to change the steering wheel like you have done or does someone make a kit?

Thanks!!
Thanks F8L! I have a Mopar PCM, Belanger headers and race exhaust. I had Archer Racing do corner weighting and track alignment.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats at Mid OH! sounds like you are getting in the groove with your new Viper:headbang: Good seeing you at Putnam.

Yes, we will be at Mid OH this wknd, Fri-Sun (MORPCA).

Fri night is open to adv/inst. only from 5-8 pm, you can sign up on the MO website if interested.

Sat and Sun is our HPDE, you can go to clubregistration.net if you want to sign up. Garages are sold out.
There are 151 registrants and it (reg) is closed. I don't get back to Indy until Fri midnight anyway. Guess I will join you guys and gals another time!

Thanks Rich and GBS!

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images
Just a teasor....larger versions coming soon as photog gets my order filled! (Yes, I had mismatched wheels on Sunday, as I tried out 315's on the front...same exact times as with 295's btw). Go here to see them all, and order copies...
http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00000yw6FsKqrq4/t/150

Last edited:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12: What DOT# clutch fluid are you running?? any heat issues with your starter after stopping/starting????

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...yup, I think its time to rev up the printer for a day. But I'm too busy trying to get some miles on my car so its fully broken in for Nationals in a few weeks. I think there is more power to be tapped! Also on my 'todo' list--SS lines, nylon bushings, motor/tranny mounts, etc etc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang