2000 GTS

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had Adrian's (*** BLK) 2000 GTS Viper come our way a few months ago but I never posted it up. The Viper took about 15 hours to remove all imperfections (swirls, light scratches, hazes, etc...) in the paint. Adrian was very pleased with the results when he came to pick it up. We had his GTS on display the day we hosted an event at Snake Pit Performance in Long Island, NY. (PM me for details about our next "Snake Wash") I only took an X amount of pictures but Im sure you guys wont mind! Here us what we ended up with...

Shout out to Junkman! We used some of his "Tips & Tricks" during this process :2tu:

Enjoy...

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the rest of the pictures by clicking the link below

Welcome to Facebook

Last edited:

tpduke112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need something similar. Around how much does that type of paint correction run?

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Synergy,

Very clean work & if I may ask what system did you use ( 3M / PPG / Dupont 3 step or another mfg's process )?

Toddy

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Synergy,

Very clean work & if I may ask what system did you use ( 3M / PPG / Dupont 3 step or another mfg's process )?

Toddy

Thanks everybody! :2tu:

For this Detail, we applied Meguiars M105/M205 combo (multiple passes) using our 7424 DAPC to remove all of the imperfections. The paint was then sealed by hand with Meguiars NXT Paste Wax/Gold Class Paste Wax. Also, all 4 wheels were removed so we can get to anything and everything for some polishing.

M105/M205 works very good but gives off A LOT of residue. We recently picked up some Adam's products and plan to use them on the next car that will be displayed the next event we host.

Nick

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having worked at a body shop (way long ago) and wet sanding my RT last year, I want to compliment you on your work. Black is one of the most difficult colors to work on, but when its done right...its the best.

Great work!:2tu:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 hours! Man, that would take a whole lot of pizzas to get me through that detail. You guys are animals!

The finished product looks amazing. You'll have to let me know when you are are going to do this "Snake Wash" again! :2tu:

... M105/M205 works very good but gives off A LOT of residue. We recently picked up some Adam's products and plan to use them on the next car that will be displayed the next event we host.

Nick

To help control the dusting, use less product and keep your pads lightly spritzed with detail spray. Working in smaller sections also helps control dusting also. Most of your heavier cutting compounds will dust up if you don't do these things. :)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great.

I was just wondering, why did you have the car bagged in photo #11, did you do paint work or did you just want to protect it from the environment (bodyshop) while you were not working on it?

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The M105 was where most of residue came from. Even using 3 pea sized drops each time while working in a 2x2 area, a lot of residue was left behind. Will have to use the detail spray next time to prevent as much as we can!

I will definitely keep you posted about the next "Snake Wash" we host. We had over 40 beautiful cars with over 25 of them being Vipers last time. Hopefully the word spreads and more of these guys will make an appearance! :2tu:

The Viper was worked on through out an entire week, a couple of hours each day. Before we left each night, we covered the car to keep dust from collecting on the surface.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, implement the detail spray. That will big time help in controlling the dusting. Nice to see you covering the cars at the end of the day. Nice attention to detail. It reflects your professionalism and a caring for the customer's cars that you work on. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, implement the detail spray. That will big time help in controlling the dusting. Nice to see you covering the cars at the end of the day. Nice attention to detail. It reflects your professionalism and a caring for the customer's cars that you work on. :2tu:

Thanks Junkman! :drive: Here are some pictures from the last "Snake Wash".

You can see the rest of the pictures by clicking the link below

Synergy Detailing's Photos - 9/25 Synergy Detailing and VCA @ Snake Pit Performance | Facebook

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The M105 was where most of residue came from. Even using 3 pea sized drops each time while working in a 2x2 area, a lot of residue was left behind. Will have to use the detail spray next time to prevent as much as we can!

I will definitely keep you posted about the next "Snake Wash" we host. We had over 40 beautiful cars with over 25 of them being Vipers last time. Hopefully the word spreads and more of these guys will make an appearance! :2tu:

The Viper was worked on through out an entire week, a couple of hours each day. Before we left each night, we covered the car to keep dust from collecting on the surface.

Nice work, black is hard to make look good but when it does it's like nothing else :2tu:

I too am interested in the bags...I have multiple cars that I want to bag to keep from getting dust on them. Is this a bodyshop only product or just a very light weight plastic sheet (like plastic sheets used to keep paint off your furniture when painting your house)?

Thanks,
George

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work, black is hard to make look good but when it does it's like nothing else :2tu:

I too am interested in the bags...I have multiple cars that I want to bag to keep from getting dust on them. Is this a bodyshop only product or just a very light weight plastic sheet (like plastic sheets used to keep paint off your furniture when painting your house)?

Thanks,
George

I think 3m makes them from what I remember, I will have to double check next time we use them. It rolls out of a box and unfolds to the size you need to cover your vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang