2001 SCCA Valvoline Run-Offs at Mid-Ohio

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the afternoon of Friday, Sept. 21, 2001, a field of no less than five Vipers will take on the country’s best amateur and professional racers in equally prepared T1 (essentially showroom stock) Corvettes, Mustangs, Porsches, and Ferraris. The event is the T1 class National Championship race in the SCCA Valvoline Run-Offs at the Mid-Ohio SportsCar Course in Lexington, OH.

Competing in this prestigious race on behalf of the Viper community will be 1999 Speedvision GT Champion Bobby Archer, Archer’s protégé Dr. Deborah Loth, Tom Lyons, Henry “Chip” VanVurst, and defending T1 Champion Fred Baker, who won the race last year in a Porsche. A complete listing of the T1 entrants as well as the schedule of racing for the entire week of the Run-Offs may be found at http://www.scca.org/amateur/club_racing/runoffs/entry.html

If you are interested coming to Mid-Ohio on 9/21 to watch these Viper pilots compete for the T1 National Championship, please contact Rich Wesorick at 216-921-2027(h), 216-621-2234(w), or at [email protected].

Depending on the number of interested VCA members, we may be able to set-up a Viper Corral at the track, as well a VCA post-race happy hour (victory celebration?).

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't forget Morgan Reese, as I am pretty sure he will be running there also. He has experience on the track with prior runs there during Viper Days. Should be a great event and may the best man/woman win.

PS - Okay, so I hope Reese, Archer and Loth do really well !!

JBenko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, shame on you. Also at the runoffs will be Tommy Archer in his Trans Am Viper. If you are into amateur racing this is the "big one". Good luck to all !

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, wish I could be there that weekend to cheer our North Texas VCA members Bobby Archer and Deborah Loth on to victory, but I don't think I can pull it off.

Next Saturday our entire region is going to a big open house at Bobby's race shop, so we'll at least have the chance to wish them well in person.

I'm jealous of you guys. That should be an AWESOME weekend of racing. I would urge anyone who can make it to grab the opportunity, and call Rich. Go for it!