2001 Viper Race Car for sale

Viperloth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 Viper race car with factory ABS (yellow with black stripes). Bought new in 2001 and converted and maintained by Bobby Archer in Fort Worth. Raced approximately 12-14 times in SCCA T1 class and GT2 in Viper Racing League. Street legal so could be financed conventionally. Powder-coated roll cage, blue-printed engine and gearbox, Quaiffe, Konis, Borla, Momo seat, Teamtech belts and much more. Over 135K invested with current market value at 75-80K. Car has damage in rear which would require 3500-4000 worth of fiberglass and ABS plastic to repair (parts available). Will sell for 45K. This was the first car I ever raced....easy to handle....450+ HP and tons of torque. Could be raced in SCCA, Viper Challenge, Viper Racing League, Drag racing, track days.

Call Deborah Loth for more info @ Work 817-261-8220

For technical info or info on damage:
Bobby Archer @ Work 817-877-8771

Car online @ Ebay (for photos)
Car in DuPont Registry (September)

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to steal the car from you (minor issue with having to sell mine first) but was wondering if you had
any roadrace wheel/tire spares for sale? Assuming you and
Bobby are moving up to the comp coupe...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah - with all the Bobby Archer cars showing up on eBay - what does this mean???? What you are you replacing it with???? Inquiring minds, you know!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby was driving Ben Madey's ViperSpeed car, which will probably end up in World Challenge with the other Comp Coupes. However, unless Bobby and the entire Fort Worth team are getting Comp Coupes, and going Pro, there is no national class in SCCA (where they have been doing most of their competing) for the Comp Coupe.

Hmmm... I know there has been a lot of issues with the T1 Vipres being handicapped by having to run the narrow 285 front tire and other issues hampering the Vipers that Team Archer have not been too happy about, and that the Corvettes were getting preferential treatment....

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, let's try this again, now that the media section is working.

"Good luck with the sale, it's a great car!"

29219.jpg

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad you're letting it go. Hope to see you on the track soon in nothing less than a Viper.

I think that would have made a great Viper for me. I wouldn't be worried about keeping the paint show-car quality, and I could take it out to the track, where that Viper certainly belongs. Sorry about my ramblings, I'm having Viper withdrawals, I need a shot of torque.

OP
OP
V

Viperloth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can sell the car cheaply now. Bobby has told me how much the car is worth repaired, and what it would cost me to have him repair it. He can get used body parts for just a fraction of new cost. This car would be a steal for someone with the ability to install the fiberglass body parts. I qualified 6th at the SCCA Run-Offs in this car in my first year of racing. It won me the Midwest Divisional championship in SCCA. It competes very well against even the GT1 Vipers in the Viper Racing League. The engine had been blue-printed three races prior... there is no possible T1 legal enhancement that isn't done. The car is set up so perfectly that it is actually easy to drive....heck....it's a girl's car! Just think what a shot of testosterone would do for it! The car would be great for any track day events, Viper Challenge, Viper Racing League, SCCA, NASA....with the roll cage, it could be a great drag car too!

Think about it....!

I'm getting a new car for next season have determined this to be the best for me financially. If I can't sell it as a race car, I may just convert back to street trim. I would have the option of a cool street ride, or trading it at a dealership.