2002 ACR 4k miles / need new tires?

chrisd0729

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2002 ACR that has less than 4k miles. Obviously original tires... if they're not dry rotted, any concern keepng them on the car?
What's the expected price to replace all 4 tires?

thanks,

Hellcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tires need to be replaced. I'm going through the same thing and replacing tires isn't that easy. The only really choice and that's not a good one in my opinion for a Gen II that is street driven is the Toyo and that's around $1,700. You'll need to update wheels to a different size if you want a good set of tires, now you're looking at $3,000 plus for tires and wheels.

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TireRack HAS Michelin Tires, I'm having mine delivered today, 1 day shipment. Ordered yesterday, getting them TODAY. Ask for Brad.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is an absolute must ------everyone here is 100% correct. Call Luke Pavlik at the Tire Rack ( ext 4362), as he has been helping Viper drivers since the late 90s. He can give you various options and make sure you get a solid product for how you plan to use your car.

Hellcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size rear tire are you guys ordering from Tire Rack? They haven't had any of the Michelin 335-30-18 tires since October 2015.

OP
OP
C

chrisd0729

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm seeing on Tire Rack are cheater slicks and the Toyo Proxes. Which brand and model are you guys getting from Tire Rack?

I'm looking at sizes:
Front: 275/35-18
Rear: 335/30-18

blownrunner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why the Viper is said 'to kill you' because of old tires and not replacing them due to the high cost. It was theorized that paul walker died in a car with original nine year old tires when it slid off the pavement. Of course those tires would be great for doing donuts in a parking lot.

OP
OP
C

chrisd0729

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely agree they need replacing after the first few replies and a bunch of other research ... now trying to find a set.
Anyone know where to find these with some type of stock like tread and not racing slicks? Been looking all over and haven't had much luck.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely agree they need replacing after the first few replies and a bunch of other research ... now trying to find a set.
Anyone know where to find these with some type of stock like tread and not racing slicks? Been looking all over and haven't had much luck.

Jon at viper parts rack would certainly know all of the current options and his tire prices are exceptional.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456