2002 Model run

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Since "things change".....If I wanted a GTS AND had none now, I would get a 2001 now via lease, then IF a 2002 GTS came my way,(realizing that 2002 GTS MAY INDEED be in SHORT SUPPLY with lower production time and the fact that SPECULATORS have been placing orders)...HOP ON the 2002, as it MAY be the "final coupe".

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT" stops when you get it perfect, I guess!

The 2002 GTS, a 1/2 year run at best, will be a very much sought-after car in 2003, '04, and maybe beyond. The only 2003+ Coupe is a Hot Wheels (I found 3 this weekend!)

Orders opened up for 'dealer configuring' last week, and should be able to tell you any other included details.....but nothing changed other than the new color.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We gave away a 2000 "Show Car" Hot Wheels Coupes to all that attended the Mid South's Shreveport event. It took me two months to find enough of them by raiding every Walmart and KMart in a two state region. They are still tough finds at local WalMart.... so Jon's Eagle eyes appear to still be working.

Since the '02 coupes are going to be the last coupes for a while they will likely be sought after. Hopefully the coupe project will get funded as it did with the chapter one car. Being as the show car was a coupe and not a convertible, there is at least a "sign".

It will be interesting to see the customer order mix, after the initial few years of coupes, the mix settled sort of close to 50/50 GTS's and RT/10's. This might be different for '02

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't seem to get ANY information..
they are too busy building 2001's
and there is a glut of these on the market.
I hope production is as low as it appears it will be.
I'm worried this may be the LAST coupe we will see?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth