2005 Carlisle Caravaners.. Form a line here!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Tempered by the unexpected success of the Crab Feast Caravan, I am now organizing a caravan for the locals heading to Chryslers at Carlisle on Saturday July 9th. Ron Hickey will be forming a group to leave DC VERY early in the morning so if you are leaving from that area please contact him about meeting spots. This will be for the guys coming up from Baltimore and Wilmington areas.

Jay Brown has a traditional cruise to the show beginning with Breakfast in Wilmington and a rip-roaring cruise through Amish Country on 895. Traditionally though, the group tends to meet up with a lot of Amish drivers (go figure right...) and usually arrives very late to the show. His caravan will be a lot more driving than show and if that's your preference email me and I will be glad to let him know your interest. I've never heard a complaint from those traveling with him.

My caravan, however, will have an interest in arriving early (before 10am) to get good parking on the field and to have all day to check out the frickin' awesome 100-acre vender section and swap meet... okay well maybe it's not that big, but it'll feel like it if you visit every stand. It will be a very spirited push through open, boring highway, then the inevitable traffic jam at the ground.

I'm going to try to coordinate with Ron's group so we can learn his secret traffic-beating route. I already have a few guys interested and the meeting spot will be in Cockeysville MD exit 20 off I-83. The last time we met there was a wonderfully deserted commuter lot right off the ramp for easy access. We usually create another stop in the York-Harrisburg Area to get gas and breakfast. I'll post a time once I have it set.

It might be too late to get a hotel room, but to get on the Field it'll be $35 pre-registration today or $45 after June 17th. Oh, and bring a heavy wallet - you'll find tons of stuff there that you never knew you had to have (like an unopened 1999 Dealership brochure, or a new-owners package, or orginial 1996 "Pace Car" Decals..... for instance...)

Please email me if you plan to join in.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Last bump.
Leaving Salisbury at 4:00am through Annapolis, through Balitmore, regrouping at Cockeysville, through York, possibly meeting up for breakfast in Harrisburg, and to the field.