2005 Corvette revealed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
August 2002 cover of <u>Road & Track</u> magazine shows the 2005 Corvette...It seems clear that the new SRT-10 will be the King of American Sports cars for a bit longer. Looks like the new Nissan 350Z to me...what do you all think?????

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The styling of the new Vette is HORRIBLE. The SRT-10 will stand head and shoulders above the Vette in terms of styling and performance.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the magazine today. That thing is UGGGLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY. I was planning on trading my 02 Z06 daily driver for one when they came out but if it looks anything like that, I will keep my old one.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall the R&T article saying the pictures they showed represent the final styling of the C6. But I agree, the pictures shown are ugly. Makes the SRT seem not-so-bad.

On the other hand, the design studies I've seen for the next-generation Mustang look really cool....

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
July 8th - Burbank, CA - Hanna Barbera, after reading the latest edition of Road & Track, initiates a copyright infringement lawsuit, describing GM's blatant disregard of their existing use of said image as insulting.

Hanna Barbera also mentioned that they may add a defamation of character (which they will be calling the "Rosie initiative") attachment to the lawsuit if GM doesn't initiate an immediate withdrawal of this legally protected image!

Here's the original R&T photograph/image:

You must be registered for see images

...and here's the existing copyrighted image:

After further analysis by technical experts, using digital colorization techniques, further reports have added significant credibility to the exiting case as the shape of the seatback actually emulates Rosie's ever popular maids hat.

GM denies all claims as they defend their design as having a clear "double circle eye" effect versus Rosie's single robotic eyes.

..but a previous employee of GM, under agreement of immunity from prosecution, came up with this alternate design photo that were considered before the current design was selected:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody has an awful lot of time on there hands.
laugh.gif

I don't like it but I didn't like the C5 or the Fixed Roof Coupe (Z06) when they first came out either.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what happened to the decent looking pictures that were in the may 2001 road and track? this is the same issue that road tested the SRT10 that was going to be available in august 2001
rolleyes.gif

- eddie -

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assure you guy's that is NOT going to be the C6.
The car on the cover of R&T is hideous nevertheless.
95yellovett

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
95yellowvett,

Don't worry, there are many over here who sympathize with what you Vette people are going through, although in your case the ugliness of the C6 far exceeds that of the SRT.
tongue.gif

We have gone through the same phases as you:
1. Excitement over some of the proposed design studies (e.g., the 2001 R&T article mentioned above).
2. Heightened expectation while waiting....
3. Alarm and fear once the nearly final design is revealed.
4. Denial that your beloved manufacturer will produce that hideous thing.
5. Whining (useless).
6. Infighting among current owners.
7. Begrudging acceptance of the reality of what is happening.

At least in our case we've got 505 cid coming our way. Good luck with that new Vette! Hope it doesn't get killed by the '03 Cobra like the C5s are....

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I recall, some slide were shown at the Birthday Bash a few years ago that thad blurred images of the C6. The Concept drawings of the car definitely shared quite a few elements with R&T's rendition, namely the deletion of flip-up lights, and the overall smoother exterior, a front fascia, as well as the way that the rear glass extends back extremely far onto the deck of the car.

While I do believe that the rendition is somewhat off in places, it does seem to be close to the final version. Also, another interesting fact is that the article claims that the whole "Lutz redesign" never took place, which definitely implies that the B-day bash images are probably very close to the final car.

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you remember back in 1995 Motor Trend and Road and Track had sketches of the New 97 vette that was designed by their California studio. It was even propsed to have a turbocharged V6. shorted car with longer wheel base, but non of that happened. I think thats what we are seeing now with the C6. Just alot of dis-infomation.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mako:
The Toad & Crack is a computer guess at what the C6 will look like. While this guess may contain some elements of the actual C6, this is closer to the Nissan 350Z than the C6.

At least there is still styling hope for THIS car!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mako,

If the pictures are even slightly close to the real thing, there is NO hope for this car
laugh.gif

Look on the bright side - you can hang out with MarkO at car shows and proclaim anything made after the early 2000's to be pure and utter cr*p!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Look on the bright side - you can hang out with MarkO at car shows and proclaim anything made after the early 2000's to be pure and utter cr*p!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's some consolation.
laugh.gif

Actually, I think the new American-spec Elise is a very cool car. I hope it really comes to America next year. Styling-wise, it's a really cool car, and I'm sure it handles like it's on rails.

And then there's the GT-40.

How 'bout we just say that "any Dodge or Chevy made after the early 2000's is pure and utter cr*p"???
wink.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom Lover:
Yeah, that's some consolation.
laugh.gif

Actually, I think the new American-spec Elise is a very cool car. I hope it really comes to America next year. Styling-wise, it's a really cool car, and I'm sure it handles like it's on rails.

And then there's the GT-40.

How 'bout we just say that "any Dodge or Chevy made after the early 2000's is pure and utter cr*p"???
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venom,

Have you heard any more info on the Elise? My brother has a deposit on one, but the rumor mill of late suggests the car may not actually come to the USA after all. As I understand, it's still up in the air. I hope we do get it - would be a fun car.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Mike & Mike:

I spoke to the Harry Osborne the manager at Symbolic Motor Cars in Beverly Hills (who is a major Lotus dealer) a couple of weeks ago, and he mentioned that everything is still on schedule to release the car next summer in the US. He also mentioned that there is a chance that a few might be coming earlier. He is holding a meeting of the Lotus Club in Southern California, and was going to be hearing more specifics on the Elise very soon.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.