2006 Coupe positive battery terminal

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, car was running a little rough then started cutting out on me when I stepped on the gas. Did the forum search and battery kept coming up. Removed the battery cover and was surprised at the corrosion on the positive battery terminal. So bad that about a quarter of the terminal clamp section was gone. Corroded completely through. So I call my local Dodge dealer and they cannot get the part, it's listed as part of the body harness. I found a generic replacement at AutoZone and have the car running again. Much smoother than before and it no longer cuts out. I am surprised at how sensitive the car is to battery issues.

Does anyone out there know where I can get a replacement terminal? I just need the clamp section, the cable running to the terminal is in great shape.

Thanks, Mike

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, surprising to hear. Is there a consensus on why this happens? My 06 sometimes starts rough but I attributed that to sitting around too much

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
battery acid vapor- hit the terminals with some spray they make for prevention of this

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, a lead-acid battery throws off the most vapor in a high-rate charge condition. If you keep the battery on a tender during the time the vehicle is parked, it will not see a max charging condition (from the alternator) each time you start driving the car. High charge rates (say, more than 20 amps or so) tend to "boil" the electrolyte in the battery and release a lot of vapor, while low charge rates do not. So indirectly, a battery tender can reduce corrosion of the battery terminals and any other metal parts in the vicinity.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory battery terminal are very thin and cheap, I suggest changing the whole cable or visit your local high end audio store they carry the gold plated heavy terminal, just make sure they don't stick up too high to touch the battery cover.

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Clamp End is not available separately from Mopar. (I have seen those "lead free" type clamps at O'Reilly's. Almost the same as the OEM terminal).
Viper Parts of America has a negative battery cable assembly for $12.95. The cable is very short and has the terminal with it so the cost is low and it would make a great engine to frame ground cable too. From the looks of my Snake Dodge used the same clamp for + and - posts.
P/N 04865977AC

OP
OP
C

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the part suggestion. I will take a look at the Pacifica terminal to see if it is the same. If not definitely ordering the VPA negative terminal. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh