2006 SRT10 Vert with Paxton

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I,m kinda dissappointed. When I bought the car with the paxton box tune, it pulled between 650 and 680rwhp. After my maintenance and the first tune from DC performance, here is what am I showing. Im only putting out 580rwhp. I have already sent out the dyno graph to DC to check on but just wanted to get other's insights on here. Am I overlooking something? Any suggestions?

The current setup is:

NGK 4291 Spark Plugs gapped at .35
Mobil 1 15w50 oil
3.54 gears
Belanger Exhaust
High Flow Cats
Paxton Novi 2000 with stock pulley

You must be registered for see images attach

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well besides the obvious being no 2 dyno's are ever the same, did you put the old tune back on and try that after the low readings on that same dyno, same day ? That would tell a lot. I'm assuming you have an SCT since you seem to indicate you are doing this remote with DC. Your dyno's are pretty consistent and the AFR doesn't look too awful lean.

Do you have a boost gauge ? Is the belt or balancer slipping like you had lower than normal boost ? How much boost are you running.

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did not put the old tune back to dynoyet. Also while inspecting, I found out the number 4 wire is broken as the connector came off onto the spark plug as I was pulling plus to inspect. Now the question is, can one cylinder be responsible for a 80 horsepower loss?

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not put the old tune back to dynoyet. Also while inspecting, I found out the number 4 wire is broken as the connector came off onto the spark plug as I was pulling plus to inspect. Now the question is, can one cylinder be responsible for a 80 horsepower loss?

Oh hell yes. And you should inspect all the wires and/or replace them. Also dumping all that raw fuel into the exhaust when there's cats can cause issues there as well.

--FQB

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely.