2008 Summer Exotics Rally For Charity Pictures & Results

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on Sunday, I participated with a few members from here in the Exotics Rally For Charity. The idea for this run was to start in Edgewater, NJ and shoot down to Milleville, NJ which was about 150 miles away. One in Milleville, we would have lunch, drive on the Thunderbolt Raceway for an hour, drive 55 miles an hour go karts, and then drive home. It was going to be a long day, but I was up for it and when I say it was fun, that is an understatement!

Arrival at the Edgewater shopping complex was a sight to see. About 100 exotics showed up including Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, Vipers, and even a few Skylines (including the new GTR)!

You must be registered for see images

TOOK A LITTLE BREAK CAUSE KELLY HAD TO PREP BEFORE HER DRIVE:

AND WE ARE OFF:

Unfortunately 20 Minutes into the run, the reality of a Sunday drive set in. Casualities started to just show up just like lights on a Christmas tree! Left and right, someone was getting nailed, and all this activity started to back up traffic at 9:30am on the NJ Turnpike! People just wanted to see all these cars!!!

After the ten or so pull overs, we finally got to the open stretch of the NJ Turnpike; after exit 9, and man did some of these cars pull!

Finally we ALL made it to the rest stop on the NJ Turnpike right after exit 4. This was the time for everyone to fill up, rest and trade stories on what has happened so far. And the stories were great!

Next stop was the track in Milleville, NJ. We all rolled in with style. I mean, where else can you see almost 100 exotics roll in all together?!?!?! The people at the track were shocked and immediately conversations started with the owners of the cars and people that were already at the track. Lots of Q&A from people there and lots of pictures being taken and kids sitting in cars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SINCE THERE IS AN IMAGE LIMIT ON THIS FORUM, THIS STORY HAD TO BE TWO PARTS.

PART II:

Even on Parade Laps, tracks can cause SPINS, or maybe it is just one aggressive driver. The world may never know!

And so, after a nice stretch of the legs at the track, we got to have the MUCH NEEDED lunch right before we beat ourselves up again on the go-kart track.

TO THE GO KARTS!!! 55MPH on a tight 1.2 mile track, what more can you ask for???

All in all, I think it is safe to say that we had a TON of fun and think that this was another GREAT run. It is nice to have such a great group that is able to get together and drive there cars without egos and garage queens complaining about how long the drive is. On this day alone, I put 400 MILES on my car and love just about every minute of it. Just hated the traffic on the way back but it was worth it!

HERE ARE TWO VIDEOS FOR YOU OF THE RUN AS WELL:

TEASER FROM THE SKYLINE FROM CANADA:
Preview Rally For Charity 2008- Video

Raw Footage From Mischief TV:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl56fNoue7o[/media]

Last edited:

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a GREAT TIME! Took me nearly two full days to recover from all the adrenalin rushes.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a GREAT TIME! Took me nearly two full days to recover from all the adrenalin rushes.

Tell me about it. Today is about the first day since that I feel a lot better. Had to wake up around 5am every morning for the last few days as well. It hurt a lot. Finally today I got to sleep in; well until 10am but I will take what I can get!

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can such an event take place and only a select few VCA members have any knowledge of it? We normally travel 2-3 hrs on avg to attend Viper events. The Thunder Bolt Raceway is 20 mins from our home and we had no knowledge of the event taking place. If this was for charity one would think it would have been advertised to the fullest to get as many as possible to partake in the fun. I don't think we missed the posting for it, due to the fact we are all over the site on a daily basis. Who organized this event and where and when was it posted??? Plumcrazy, we are right with ya DANG we didn't know it was happening either!!!!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can such an event take place and only a select few VCA members have any knowledge of it? We normally travel 2-3 hrs on avg to attend Viper events. The Thunder Bolt Raceway is 20 mins from our home and we had no knowledge of the event taking place. If this was for charity one would think it would have been advertised to the fullest to get as many as possible to partake in the fun. I don't think we missed the posting for it, due to the fact we are all over the site on a daily basis. Who organized this event and where and when was it posted??? Plumcrazy, we are right with ya DANG we didn't know it was happening either!!!!

Due to the nature of this event, it was not posted on this forum. Simply, we could not have 200 cars. Overall, many of these types of events are crossposted on here but recently I have not been doing this as much as the participation is pretty small overall but more so because apparantly there is a rather large group of members that like to b*tch and moan about events that are not exclusively Viper events and they complain when such events are posted on here. I say screw them, but I am not up for that type of drama so I just e mail people when events like this are going to happen unless it is something rather large. Also for reference, most of these events are on Long Island. This was a rare occassion that we went to NJ.