2008 Viper Dyno Test 542rwhp

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just finished testing an new 08 Viper SRTC.

Cool numbers were 542rwhp and 514rwtorque.
Warm numbers were 519rwhp and 484rwtorque.
All numbers SAE corrected.

We will be testing headers, side exhaust, air intake upgrades, Intake modifications and rocker arm ratio upgrades in the near future.

Stay tuned.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
www.dcperformance.com
3370 S. Livonia Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90034
310-841-6996

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan. Corrected for assumed 12% driveline loss: 616/584 cold; 590/550 warm at the flywheel. Chrysler's numbers 600/560. Interesting. What transpired between the cold run and the warm run? Did it take a while for the reduction to show or was it right after the cold run? Any comments/ observations on the fly by wire gas pedal? If you blip it, is the response delayed resulting in the rev limiter being hit? Is the additional crispness and smoothness referred to in other posts with respect to shifting from the new shifter mechanism alone or is it from the new synchros and the shifter? Thanks in advance for your response.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest. The cool numbers were with the engine just up to temperature and the hot numbers were with allot of heat soak in the motor.

The throttle response and driveabilty are spot on, a little lazy down low but very smooth. The new transmission shifts better than any Viper I have driven and the clutch effort is dramatically reduced.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996
DC Performance: Proven Performance

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan --

Thanks for posting these numbers. Are you using a Mustang or Dynojet dyno?

/Rich

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to be a Dynojet based on the numbers. A Mustang dyno would produce numbers that were ten percent lower.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The numbers are on a Dynojet.

I think with some good intake, valvetrain and exhaust mods, we can make over 600rwhp safely.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you took it for a boot, Jonathan. It's broken in properly, with about 1000 miles. I'll take it to Willow with OTR on Jan 15.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to take it for a spin, but I do appreciate the offer. I might see you out at Willow Springs with OTR though. :)

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan said "Warm numbers were 519rwhp and 484rwtorque."

We just did a dyno on an 08, and had similar numbers!! Isn't that low? Any up dates!!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well at 15% driveline loss that 519 rwhp comes to 610 hp at crank. Depends on what your figuring it at.

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its interesting how these cars seem to dyno a significant amount less when hot. Do the Gen 3s do this as well? I suppose once the ECU is cracked, we'll be able to see exactly what is going on there. I suspect timing is being pulled at higher coolant temperatures?

Can anyone guess if the "hot" power numbers would be more in-line with what the car would be making when driving around on the street? For road course work, I'm sure something will have to be done about this power loss.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The throttle response and driveabilty are spot on, a little lazy down low but very smooth. The new transmission shifts better than any Viper I have driven and the clutch effort is dramatically reduced.

Dan, little off-topic, but do you think a TR-6060 can be retrofitted into a GTS?

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello All,
I have attempted to post a photo from the Dyno day the GA VCA had recently.
This was achieved on run 4 after sitting with the engine off for about 15 min.
528.3 RWHP (SAE) with 501.4 Torque
You must be registered for see images