2009 vert low milage

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2009 vert that I have had since new. There is about 6k miles on it. Obviously don't drive it very much. At this point other than changing the oil each fall what other maintenance should I do this winter since its over 4 years old??

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some of the suggestions we would probably suggest is to flush the radiator ( since it is an aluminum block ) , and might also be beneficial to flush the clutch fluid and likely brake fluid. Brake fluid has an affinity to moisture and alot of us that track the cars change quite frequently due to the heat cycles at the track. If you don't drive yours much , you are more prone to moisture and some degredation if alot of time is city driving ( heavy traffic ). The clutch fluid has a tendency to get hot in the Gen IVs from heat off the headers and again good thing to check and possibly change. Your tranny fluid and rear diff fluid are likely okay , but might as well be checked while in there - though unlikely either would need changing. Everyone has their own thoughts, but fluids do break down and it goes back to the old adage of changing your oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. New fluids don't often have to be changed as often, but always been a believer of fluid checks/changes are cheap insurance.

Good luck and enjoy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang