2009 WA VCA Holiday Party

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the official announcement for the 2009 Washington VCA Holiday Party!
Saturday, Nov. 14th, 6:00pm to 11:00pm, at Russell's Restaurant in Bothell.

• Tickets are available at an early-bird discount through our on-line web store, and can be purchased at the door (if any are left).
  • You must be a VCA member to purchase tickets, and only members and their guests can attend.
  • Tickets are limited to the first 50 sold, so hurry and get yours before they're gone!
  • Details are in the attached image.
Come on out, and join your club in celebrating the end of a difficult year. See you there!

Steve

Attachments

• Holiday Party Announcement v5.jpg
    Holiday Party Announcement v5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 25

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't buy tickets online. Is there something wrong with the webstore? Every time I click "add to cart", it gives me a message to enable cookies. (and incorrectly says this setting is on the security tab, not the privacy tab). My settings are correct.

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also just tried the "contact us" from the store website, and am directed to the same cookie page. I have eaten a bunch of cookies recently - is it my fault? :lmao:

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie,

I'm sure it's "user error" somehow. Too many cookies make for fat fingers. :lmao:

Seriously, though, I can't replicate the error, but I'll bring it up with the provider and see what they can tell us. Stay tuned...

Steve

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished buying 2 tickets and it worked perfectly. If anyone is going to have trouble with these dang newfangled computers it usually is me.

See you there.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm- I did not have any problem wiht it, but that's probably because I sent in a check!
I'm worse than Richard with those things!

PBR

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess 5 year old browsers aren't necessarily supported. I used Firefox and everything is fine now. :2tu:

Paul, you have well over 1,000 posts on this site and still have to send in a check? :dunno: You must be driving your car a lot more than I thought. :omg: All I have to do to show my age is remove my hat.:lmao: 20 years with one flick of the wrist.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....I thought of that, and asked that very question. They replied that it should be working, even with that old browser. I'm not surprised, though, that that was the problem. 5 years is two generations with computer stuff!

Thanks for updating us!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess 5 year old browsers aren't necessarily supported. I used Firefox and everything is fine now. :2tu:

Paul, you have well over 1,000 posts on this site and still have to send in a check? :dunno: You must be driving your car a lot more than I thought. :omg: All I have to do to show my age is remove my hat.:lmao: 20 years with one flick of the wrist.:rolleyes:

Well....ya know what? They cashed it!!
No fuss..no hastle....

PBR

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed on the party announcement that there would be a white elephant gift exchange. Is it a real white elephant which can be whimsical, or is it a useful item?

Hope to see you all there.

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's up to you. My guess is that many gifts will in some way reflect the giver's personality. :D

The only rules are to please keep it around $20, and mark it Guy or Gal, for it's intended audience.

Keeping in mind what a great mechanic I am, I thought maybe I'd bring a screwdriver....or possibly a hammer. :smirk:

Come to think of it, is that an white elephant, or a useful item? :dunno:

:lmao:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys and gal are having way too much fun. I must be under 25 years old now!
There are spellings to words I learned as I grew up back east. They do stuff a different way back there, and now and again I slip up and use some of them words.

The white elephant stuff.....If I did not buy it and I bring it as a gift.....can I say it was under $20? It is something I ended up with from a few holiday parties ago.....some of you MIGHT remember it.....it was the year I learned to walk slow to get the good stuff...and then the bell would ring! (PM me if you remember what it is....) When you see it- I know you will want it!!!!!

:drive:
PBR

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The year you learned to walk slow, Paul - was that in 2005 perhaps? :slomo: Possibly coinciding with the the purchase of a YELLOW car? :smirk: