2010 gears for a 2008

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that SRT has given the '10 models different
5th & 6th gears, better acceleration in 5th to 200mph.

Can you buy just the new gear/cluster? And is it a direct fit replacement?

Reaction score
You cannot currently buy from Dodge but there are ways and people that can provide you the gears and or complete installed parts.

I think it is about $3500 for the whole job.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The top speed does not change in the non ACR Viper. However, you will get to 200 MPH 14 seconds faster. In the ACR, the top speed will increase by 7 MPH to 184 MPH.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that SRT has given the '10 models different
5th & 6th gears, better acceleration in 5th to 200mph.

Can you buy just the new gear/cluster? And is it a direct fit replacement?

Call me morbid, but I think the lowest cost and easiest way to get the job done is to wait a few days after the first 2010 cars get delivered to new buyers... Viper half-life in the hands of new owners is pretty short. There will be at least 50 or so parts cars out there by the end of summer. You could probably pick up a whole tranny for under $3k, and keep your original one as a spare.

Oh, and the 6th gear is unchanged unfortunately. They had to leave it at 0.50 for EPA reasons...

OP
OP
G

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

REDTANRT10 isn't the tailshaft on the T56 shorter than on the new "6060" tranny? Would'nt that mean an new drive shaft as well? (I could be wrong about that)But the ratios they offer do look good.

MARTINYour probably right about new Viper owners being ripe fruit for parts cars. In fact, yesterday there was a post about som guy rolling his new vert., had it only a couple of weeks, not cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper