2010 Oil change and no filters to be found

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 ACR. This is a snakeskin green limited car. I have right at 500 miles on it and had an appointment made at the dealers for near a week now for an oil change. After they put it up on the rack they realize they don't have any oil filters to be found. The 09 shows to be different I was told. I said I took a day of vacation from work to get it done and was wondering if I could go to NAPA or somewhere and pick one up and come back.

They said they would call around. After 15 mins of calling they found 1 filter. I am suppose to be back in later today to get it changed out. I would have thought every Dodge dealer would have at least an oil filter to service the cars Dodge builds. Geeeesh!:crazy2:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2008, 2009, 2010 Oil Filters are the same part number 05038041AA

Yep, I have 2 sitting in my garage in south florida. If your by some miracle local, swing by and Ill give you one.

Also, (steve correct me if Im wrong) I think you can even use the old 5281090 filter, and it should be fine. They sell those at Walmart for petes sake. Not ideal, but this filter was used for a long time. I think it would work fine? they better have that one in stock.. There are about a dozen Dodge and Jeep vehicles that use it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do NOT use a "premium" filter on your Gen-4 engine. I've been told the Mobil-1 filters do not offer a high enough flow rate and will cause the bypass to open on cold starts.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would be certain that the usual suspects here, Tator, Woodhouse, PartsRack, could send you 2-3 Gen 4 SRT-10/SRT-8 filters right away for your future supply.

As for me and my Gen 4, I would be willing to use a NAPA GOLD filter on my Gen 4, for the duration of one oil change, if I was in a pinch like you.

And I would be happy to use Mobil One, NAPA Gold, or Mopar on Gen 1-2-3 forever....and I have.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, I have 2 sitting in my garage in south florida. If your by some miracle local, swing by and Ill give you one.

Also, (steve correct me if Im wrong) I think you can even use the old 5281090 filter, and it should be fine. They sell those at Walmart for petes sake. Not ideal, but this filter was used for a long time. I think it would work fine? they better have that one in stock.. There are about a dozen Dodge and Jeep vehicles that use it.

Wont Fit, Wont Work, not interchangeble G3-G4

OP
OP
N

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 41AA is a totally different filter than the 1090 so it will not even screw on.

The dealer took care of me. I told them some guys on the forum were saying the filters were the same for 09 and 10 and that K&N showed the same filter for both years. The service manager said it was something with the flow and was the reason they showed a different part number for 2010. Or like you said it wont interchange.

I met your Viper tech Rick today and asked him about a performance exhaust and headers Mark. I can tell he is sharp. He had a Viper set up for racing on the rack and was very friendly and full of info. Thanks for talking to me as well on the phone Mark about options for the car etc. Shane

Reaction score
Shane,

Thanks for the kind words,

I HAVE to clear this up once and for all, Woodhouse Performance is NOT in any way part of our organization (Woodhouse Motorsports). Rick does not work for us and if you were at a dealership that he was working it was not one of ours. I'm glad he could help you though.

Bob and Rick left the dealership over 4 years ago to run the race team, taking our name that was built while I was at the dealership (Woodhouse Performance)... They have since aligned themselves with Bob's oldest dealer competition for some reason... :dunno:

Please do not confuse the service from us as the service from them, I will always be here for you and truly do appreciate all of your business.

The dealer took care of me. I told them some guys on the forum were saying the filters were the same for 09 and 10 and that K&N showed the same filter for both years. The service manager said it was something with the flow and was the reason they showed a different part number for 2010. Or like you said it wont interchange.

I met your Viper tech Rick today and asked him about a performance exhaust and headers Mark. I can tell he is sharp. He had a Viper set up for racing on the rack and was very friendly and full of info. Thanks for talking to me as well on the phone Mark about options for the car etc. Shane

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE to clear this up once and for all, Woodhouse Performance is NOT in any way part of our organization (Woodhouse Motorsports).

LOL I don't think it will be "once and for all".

So...
Woodhouse Performance is Bob's race organization?
Woodhouse Motosports is the dealership in Omaha?