2010 Viper Gen IV Concept Sketch

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latest concept car to come out of Chrysler was the "ME Four-Twelve". The "ME" stands for Mid-Engine, and the "Four-Twelve" stands for Four turbochargers and Twelve cylinders... It makes an outrageous 850hp and it cuts the eye with its equally outrageous forward-thinking edgy design.

Perhaps - this is the new design language of the factory styling studio... Perhaps - this hard sculpted design is a hint at the direction of the next Viper.

The Gen IV Viper, by my guess, would be shown around 2010, pretty far off... Perhaps 850hp would seem "just right" for the Viper, perhaps a "non-retro" design would be desirable to set the Viper apart from its "competitors" at that time...

Anyway, here is my "concept sketch" of just what a 2010 Viper might look like if we follow the lead of the ME Four-Twelve..

30fe4-12-2-med.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a side view of the 2010 Gen IV Viper "concept sketch" based on the "ME Four-Twelve" design language... I removed the twelve injector stacks under glass on this one. Some may not see this as a possible Viper, and I understand, and for those that feel that way, just call it a "FE Four-Twelve".

30fe4-12-1-med.jpg

I have photochopped many front-engined Vipers into mid-engined Vipers I felt it was time to flip that around and create a front engined super high performance coupe out of the mid-engined "ME Four-Twelve" ...

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's an induction system!

Too angular for my taste, prefer a more organic look but very nice job......

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron: Very nice work. DC should consider taking submissions like this one for design ideas, and if they like it, compensate you for your input and help refining the end product. Again great effort instead of just bashing which most of us are guilty of including myself.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lambos new gallardo looks like an audi to me and this sketch looks like a mercedes to me. german design influence on american and italian cars does not blend well to me. german cars stand on their own merit and do best when not mixed with other marques. just like i feel that italian cars styling should not be denegrated with german styling i feel that american cars should not be interbred with german design or any other european styling including the italians. the new viper coupe that is on the table now as we speak has already been bastardized with to many styling cues from other cars both european and asian. ford seems to be the only domestic car designer right now with enough sense to know not too butcher classic american sports and muscle cars with riced up, flash in the pan, flavor of the month styling. we all want more power, but not at the exspense of looks. the way a car looks should always come 1st because as everybody knows we can all make a station wagon haul ***.

OP
OP
R

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, - This front engined ME-412 based futuristic coupe does use the current design language of Chrysler styling as seen in the ME 412 "concept", but I would agree it doesn't really evoke "Viper", perhaps in 6 years it will look different still...(?)

The great success of the Gen I and Gen II Viper was while it was somehow "retro" using flowing curved shapes and planes reminiscient of XKEs, and Cobras, it still was something completely new, - something never before seen.

Chrysler Design has really changed since it created a string of "Best of Show" concept cars in the 1990s. I really liked those "neo-retro" well proportioned shapes like the Viper, the Atlantic, the Phaeton, the Chronos, the Prowler, the Charger, etc. There does seem to be a marked different direction from those years. Where will it lead regarding the Viper?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave