2013 Gen5 Speculation... What We Know... What We Think ?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the meeting under NDA or something ?

Ralph said not to disclose what he said @ the meet. Also, no pics of course when he showed us the new car during his presentation. I know nobody took pics. He disclosed A LOT of info @ the meet. The only question he didn't not directly answer was HP. He answered lots of others that have been asked many times on here. I also had some one on one time @ the kart track with him as we stayed and kept racing after most everyone left. He shared some more very exciting stuff but, told me not to share it so I won't.

One thing I will say as I don't think it's something they are trying to keep a secret and might help sell a few cars is the QUALITY on the new car will be much improved. I know everyone keeps posting about it but let me give you an example. Gen 1-2 cars tolerances on body panels was about 6-8mm. Gen 3-4 cars are 3-4mm. New car is 1mm. Nobody will be able to able to complain about build quality on the new car.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph said not to disclose what he said @ the meet. Also, no pics of course when he showed us the new car during his presentation. I know nobody took pics. He disclosed A LOT of info @ the meet. The only question he didn't not directly answer was HP. He answered lots of others that have been asked many times on here. I also had some one on one time @ the kart track with him as we stayed and kept racing after most everyone left. He shared some more very exciting stuff but, told me not to share it so I won't.

One thing I will say as I don't think it's something they are trying to keep a secret and might help sell a few cars is the QUALITY on the new car will be much improved. I know everyone keeps posting about it but let me give you an example. Gen 1-2 cars tolerances on body panels was about 6-8mm. Gen 3-4 cars are 3-4mm. New car is 1mm. Nobody will be able to able to complain about build quality on the new car.

God I can't wait to see this thing. Is it April yet?? I should just sell my '08 now and get over it.
Just need to know when they are releasing the vert and what color I can get it in.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performance is paramount. If build quality was the most important aspect to us we wouldn't own Vipers.
That may be what helps lure in some Porsche guys but to previous Viper owners it's just some icing on the cake.
It has to be the **** to any production Vette, Porsche or Ferrari yet made.
IMO, of course...:smirk:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performance is paramount. If build quality was the most important aspect to us we wouldn't own Vipers.
That may be what helps lure in some Porsche guys but to previous Viper owners it's just some icing on the cake.
It has to be the **** to any production Vette, Porsche or Ferrari yet made.
IMO, of course...:smirk:
I agree, I just can't comment on it ;)

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God I can't wait to see this thing. Is it April yet?? I should just sell my '08 now and get over it.
Just need to know when they are releasing the vert and what color I can get it in.

Better hang on to the 08 for a while. From the info in the posts that were deleted from this thread yesterday, you have plenty of time since you're waiting for the vert.

Bill

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is some exciting news, I wish I was there to hear the details.

I'm going to make another prediction....the horsepower figure will mean something (example, 712 hp as in a 7:12 Ring lap).....lets just hope I'm right :usa:

Cheers,
George

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is some exciting news, I wish I was there to hear the details.

I'm going to make another prediction....the horsepower figure will mean something (example, 712 hp as in a 7:12 Ring lap).....lets just hope I'm right :usa:

Cheers,
George

Good thinking George
I just hope no ACR goes back to the Ring and beats that record
Hey SRT team, isn't the 7:22 time the official one ?
Just saying.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope they up the paint quality and better inspection BEFORE it leaves the factory and less sensitive engine for CEL issues. The higher HP will sure help with the likes of the ZR1, GTR etc. Look forward to the auto showing.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quality is just icing on the cake? At this price point, I very much doubt it. We want it all - outstanding performance and quality. Right, Ralph? It has been admirable how tight the info has been kept but not anymore! We're sick of it now! How about throwing us a few teasers and quit the torture test you're running. I'm sure it has provided some cheap entertainment for you.

cerveza v10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Traction control
around 700h.p.
more cubic inches=more torque
same long nose
launch control, to help 0-60 and 1/4 mile times
lots of interior refinements

just a thought :dunno:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are Gen III/IV lights. Do you really think that they are so absent minded that they accidently left the lights exposed? (By the way, is there a Rightlane for Brits?) Look at the front and rear lights on ALL THE OTHER 2012 SRT PRODUCTS. THEY ARE ALL LED. My money is on consistency among the cars in the SRT brand. Should be pretty good looking.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take another look. They may not be the production lights, but they're definitely not the same shape as Gen III/IV lights.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are the same shape. In fact the lenses are faded. The mule has obviously been around a while.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, they're not. the Gen III/IV are flat on the bottom, don't come to a point on the inside, and lack the bubble over the outside light.
Here's a side-by side to prove my point.
You must be registered for see images attach

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told Ralph I wanted the Viper to be more of an American Aston Martin that can be a great DD but give the ******** guys an ACR with a little HP and less weight. I think he agreed.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, they're not. the Gen III/IV are flat on the bottom, don't come to a point on the inside, and lack the bubble over the outside light.
Here's a side-by side to prove my point.
You must be registered for see images attach

Agreed. The bulbs behind the lens' are the same as the GEN III & IV cars but the lens itself appears to be unique to this mule.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lens is not unique. The difference is a lighting illusion caused by the fact that the lens on the mule car is so old that it is no longer clear and dirt. Look more closely. The real outside perimeter of each is the same and the innards are also the same.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The angle at which the lights are mounted may be slightly different due to the different front end but that also may be an illusion.

Last edited: