2013 SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition Debuts at Pebble Beach

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post some hi res pictures so I can really have an awesome desktop photo! I love the 97 but wow this is fantastic!

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was out there today. I brought my GTS,and was surprised that there was no other Viper GTSs out there. Felt good too..

Bushido, I attended Quail as well. My '96 GTS B/W received alot of thumbs up from people photographing the exiting exotic machinery. Good to know the original coupe design still impresses the crowds. The Gen V coupe looks great in B/W and I especially appreciate the fantastic interior

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great, they just need to get a new wheels design. Those are getting really old and boring.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if you can order the carbon fiber rear, and carbon front scoops. I sure hope you don't have too have that plastic rear insert:(. Also the interior looks very bland. Was hoping for high end leather with blue accents ect. Love the b/W though!

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bushido, I attended Quail as well. My '96 GTS B/W received alot of thumbs up from people photographing the exiting exotic machinery. Good to know the original coupe design still impresses the crowds. The Gen V coupe looks great in B/W and I especially appreciate the fantastic interior

Yup the GTSs sure do get alot of attention..

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The press release said "Vipers." That's plural. Where is the other one?

This one looks absolutely amazing btw, except for the wheels.

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear they will show a GTS-R at the Monterey Historic races on Saturday. The red stryker car will be at Pebble Beach on Sunday. I'll take photos at each event.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm old school. I still like those classic 5 spoke wheels. :)

Even with the awesomeness of the blue/white, I'm still not connecting with the front facia/headlights though. I wish the stripes were continuous in the front/back instead of broken up by the black plastic inserts. It probably wouldn't look right having stripes continuous in the front. The front would need a different design in order for that to look right. LOVE the rest of the car though.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This fender-to-wheel gap FAILS. Come on SRT, fix that!

You must be registered for see images attach

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This fender-to-wheel gap FAILS. Come on SRT, fix that!

Wait what, you can't be serious? I suppose this is a fail too?

You must be registered for see images

I think the gen V is just fine. You need to remember that the 'gap' also plays into the aerodynamics and the way the car handles. At 200 mph I bet that car is squatting on the ground sucking up all the air and pavement around it. Let the ride height stay the way it is, it's WAY better than what we all saw with the mules running around. If anything at all, it's good that they do this. It keeps the aftermarket alive to create better pieces so that owners that want to modify their cars have different options to do so. There was a time this car and the aftermarket industry had been on the chopping block.

--RS

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the gen V is just fine. You need to remember that the 'gap' also plays into the aerodynamics and the way the car handles. At 200 mph I bet that car is squatting on the ground sucking up all the air and pavement around it. Let the ride height stay the way it is, it's WAY better than what we all saw with the mules running around. If anything at all, it's good that they do this. It keeps the aftermarket alive to create better pieces so that owners that want to modify their cars have different options to do so. There was a time this car and the aftermarket industry had been on the chopping block.

--RS

Yes actually it was a FAIL in that department. Why is it that every other camp but the Mopar camp can produce a car with an acceptable ride height. All Ferraris, Lamborghinis Porsches. BMWs, Mercedes, etc. have normal wheel gaps. Every generation of the Viper has looked like a 4X4.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree on the wheel gap. I felt they would screw it up after seeing those mules. As mentioned 40k BMW's do this but a 100k+ mopar can't? Ralph what's up with this? You had no control over the original GTS SUV-itis but this Viper is your baby. Puhlese give stryker a stance befitting a sportscar and not an SUV.:)

Also anyone else notice the huge difference between the duck bill spoilers on Sneaky Pete and Stryker GTS's????Sneaky Pete's looks way better to me and from the angle of both pics above its safe to say that the duck bill on stryker is much lower than Sneaky Pete's. You can hardly see it. I thought Ralph said the production duck bill would be taller?:dunno:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Completely agree on the wheel gap. I felt they would screw it up after seeing those mules. As mentioned 40k BMW's do this but a 100k+ mopar can't? Ralph what's up with this? You had no control over the original GTS SUV-itis but this Viper is your baby. Puhlese give stryker a stance befitting a sportscar and not an SUV.:)

Also anyone else notice the huge difference between the duck bill spoilers on Sneaky Pete and Stryker GTS's????Sneaky Pete's looks way better to me and from the angle of both pics above its safe to say that the duck bill on stryker is much lower than Sneaky Pete's. You can hardly see it. I thought Ralph said the production duck bill would be taller?:dunno:

You honestly can't compare the two images to asses the height of the duck tail relative to each other. One shot is taken with a wide lense from close up and the other from far away with a long lense. The longer lense will visually compress distances more and make the spoiler seem higher while the wide lense will make everything close seem large and things far away, such as the spoiler, seem really small. From other images that I have seen, the duck tail on the Gen V seemed pretty high, certainly higher than it was on my GTS.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to paint that grille and run the stripes through the grille like the 96 & 06. Front end looks goofy as it is, Don't need to highlight the dark grille. Paint it Body colour.:mad:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to paint that grille and run the stripes through the grille like the 96 & 06. Front end looks goofy as it is, Don't need to highlight the dark grille. Paint it Body colour.:mad:

I suspect painting the grill body color will be a VERY popular mod on the Gen V's...stripes or not

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the black grill makes it look alot more up to date, they did photoshops of body colored grills and they didn't look right.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the B/W but will wait for the new SSG, what ever it will be. We have so much fun with the reaction to our SSG that we will wait for the same with the Gen V.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass. Waiting for something different color-wise. May be the next ACR and while on that topic....Ralph why don't you do the GTS-R paint scheme on the ACRs ? I would be there in a minute.......different from the base stripe pattern.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

--RS

Yes, that early GTS had a wheel gap FAIL too. I even recognized that back in 1995 when they first showed the concept. I don't know of any American cars that had the proper stance back in the '90s, so using that as an example is sort of laughable. We aren't asking for a slammed car, just maintain a consistent wheel gap all the way around the tire. Not the huge gap at the top.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave