P295/30R18 PIRELLI P-ZERO $354.00 each
P355/30R19 PIRELLI P-ZERO $710.00 each

Track
P295/30R18 PIRELLI CORSA SYSTEM ASYMETRICO 2 $ 512.00
P355/30R19 PIRELLI CORSA SYSTEM ASYMETRICO 2 $1027.00

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes. Pay a fortune for an inferior tire. We need more choices!

Is Michellin going to come out with 355/30-19's? We need 'em in both Sport Cups and Super Sports, oh please oh please?

Luke, got any insights as to when others may make tires for the Gen V?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke, can you confirm the actual measured width on the 355 Pirelli and the 345 SS, Cup are basically identical?

No way in hell I would pay those prices for an inferior tire. Just pick from anything that's already available for the Gen III/IV.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't matter what the suspension set up is, the only way to not wear out the tires will be to leave it parked in the garage. ....over three grand for a set of track tires (that aren't even as good as Cups). That price is way too ugly for me.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW I was thinks of trying the new PIRELLI's out, but not at that price. When we where at willow springs testing the new Viper the PIRELLI's where a good tire and seamed to warm up quicker over the Michelin's.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have a guess as to how long (if ever) other manufacturers may come out with Gen V sizes? I'm hoping someone has seen this cycle with previous gen Vipers and could shed some light on the subject.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with a Pirelli Corsa, pray that they make Trefeo's in Viper sizes

OP
OP
L

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke, can you confirm the actual measured width on the 355 Pirelli and the 345 SS, Cup are basically identical?

No way in hell I would pay those prices for an inferior tire. Just pick from anything that's already available for the Gen III/IV.

give me a couple of weeks

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the ALMS GTS-R car run? ....Michelin slicks 345/30-19 or what? There is no way they are competing with those lame Pirelli's.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So $3k in tires??? Wow, the price of the Gen V is beginning to make sense. Wonder what else is on the car that has an outrageous price tag.

OP
OP
L

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why people are bad mouthing the Pirelli Corsa 2 tires as I don't know of anybody outside of some test drivers for SRT and Pirelli who has ever driven on them.

It is not the same tire as the original first generation Pirelli Corsa tire.

I'm sure Pirelli has learned a thing or two from the last few years as the exclusive F1 tire supplier.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why people are bad mouthing the Pirelli Corsa 2 tires as I don't know of anybody outside of some test drivers for SRT and Pirelli who has ever driven on them.

I'm sure Pirelli has learned a thing or two from the last few years as the exclusive F1 tire supplier.

Part of the conclusion that people are drawing is from just taking a look at the tread. The Sport Cups are slicks with a couple of thin grooves. The Corsas are true rain tires, and will blow away the Sport Cups in the wet, but are at a disadvantage in the dry.

Although to your point, I would love for someone to do a side by side comparo. Hey, Tire Rack does some of the best tests out there. Why don't you equip a Gen V with Sport Cups and Corsas, and do a full test? Tire Rack would get a lot of press, considering all the Gen V Vs. ZR1 controversey!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As has already been alluded to by VENOM V, people are still upset about the Gen V Viper's 2 second loss to the ZR1 around LS, and have chosen to blame the tires over anything else as the main culprit. Therefore, anything Pirelli = bad.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, the tire got the blame which I believe is at least partially fair. It may be that the Viper would lose even if equipped with the same tires as the ZR1, but we don't know the answer to that question.

I think this Pirelli Trofeo R is an apples-to-apples tire to the Michellin Sport Cups. Ralph tweeted this Trofeo R picture a while back, hinting that they may offer this for the Gen V. Put these on the Viper and host a re-match!

You must be registered for see images attach

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When will they be available?

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As has already been alluded to by VENOM V, people are still upset about the Gen V Viper's 2 second loss to the ZR1 around LS, and have chosen to blame the tires over anything else as the main culprit. Therefore, anything Pirelli = bad.

Ofcourse, you have to pass the buck on something other than the obvious.....The Viper cannot beat the ZR1...case closed. I too would love to see the Viper beat the ZR1 but, the question has been answered twice now. **** it up people and move on. We respect the Viper so much that it hurts us to admit defeat.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/B]

Ofcourse, you have to pass the buck on something other than the obvious.....The Viper cannot beat the ZR1...case closed. I too would love to see the Viper beat the ZR1 but, the question has been answered twice now. **** it up people and move on. We respect the Viper so much that it hurts us to admit defeat.

You **** it up if you want, I'd rather not. In reading your consistently negative posts about the Gen V over time, it seems you are rooting against it. Or something else is bothering you. Whatever your issue is with the Gen V, you should move on and not worry about the Gen V. You clearly are happy with your two Vipers, let others be that chose a different path than you.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have them in stock right now ...

the price has changed a little
P295/30R18 PI COR SYS ASY 2 490.00
P355/30R19 PI COR SYS ASY 2 975.00

Luke,

You just sent me a set of the P Zeros, got them mounted on my GA3s on Fri. They look great.

Herc

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Luke, appreciate you keeping the faithful informed, as I can't remember anyone over the last 13+ years that has kept us in the Viper community as well informed ( good or bad ) about what was available for our beloved Vipers.

Michelin was pretty high on some of their tires in years past, so it may not be a surprise to see some price adjustments with Pirelli as time goes on. I know you will let us know if the Trofeo comes out in the proper sizes, Luke, and thanks for the great service to so many of us over the years!