2016 ACR Official View video below!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$120k is the range.

That gives you $34,000 in upgrades from the base SRT which is the logical starting point for the ACR. I don't see how it can be more than that. People predicting $140,000 are crazy - that is $54,000 on top of the base model. There is literally nothing that can add up to that price.

The wing alone is probably $10k. I've heard the brakes are over $20k...some say over $30k. The suspension set up, the as shown ACR specific paint scheme, plus other aero bits up front. Yeah, it's gonna be over $150k including TT&L

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a dedicated track rat, I'm thrilled to finally see this. Big thumbs up :2tu:

.......2,000lbs of down force.......holy crap :headbang:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing alone is probably $10k. I've heard the brakes are over $20k...some say over $30k. The suspension set up, the as shown ACR specific paint scheme, plus other aero bits up front. Yeah, it's gonna be over $150k including TT&L
No it isn't.

Dodge isn't paying 1 off prices for their CCB. It'll be in line with Chevy and Porsche, $12,000 for CCB.

To think this will be $150k is pure insanity.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget. Dodge knows the demographic of who bought the Gen IV ACR. They also know the car is not for everyone for a number of obvious reasons and the Gen V ACR is clearly even more of a track car then the Gen IV ACR. You also have to consider the cost of the parts that are already used for the TA 2.0 which includes a pretty big carbon fiber wing, etc. It isn't just an add on. It is subtracting out the cost of the regular TA 2.0 parts ( also very low volume parts) and substituting in the cost of the new ACR parts. As I said above, the cost of the TA 2.0 package is $17,000.00 If they can do that package for that price, they should easily be able to do the ACR package for $25,000.00. As Vipersmith said above, Dodge's cost will not be any where near the retail cost to the average private buyer. The entire run of the Gen V so far has been a low volume event. The Viper and the ACR variant are Dodge's halo car as stated in the ACR video by Tim. Pricing it above this level would not make any sense at all and I believe that they know that.

One footnote. Allpar posted an article that the destination charge of the Viper is being bumped up a bit so my numbers above may be a tad low for the 2016 model.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion and I have mine. I suppose we will see soon enough.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Dodge isn't going to make the same mistake twice within a year of the price reductions.

Hope your right.....

And I don't think they would be making the same mistake twice. So they build 500 Viper for 2016 (which seems to be becoming a trend). 10% are ACR's, give or take 50 units. Yes, for the most part it will eliminate all those Viper Buyers that look at 85k as a stretch to buy a car, narrowing down the field of buyers to the disposable cash group and ********* track guys. Wouldn't make any difference to them if the ACR sold for 125k or 140k, they would still get the ACR Viper. In turn leaving the 85k group upset that they missed out on the ACR because it was just over priced.....just an opinion

Now if they build 200 ACR Vipers, I can see that lower price (not considering a 1 of 1 Program), other wise, they will be sitting on the showroom floor come 2019, again, just an opinion.

What will be interesting is the Dealer Hostage Markup across the country

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pics from Prefix last week. Note, the front fascia and rear decklid are reinforced on the ACR. Putting the ACR wing on a standard rear decklid will crack the panel. I didn't get any shots of the underside of the decklid, however, I was able to get some of front fascia. Also, the carbon fiber work is just beautiful.

2015-05-01_14_50_05.jpg

2015-05-01_14_49_47.jpg

2015-05-01_14_45_50.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-05-01 14.50.05.jpg
    2015-05-01 14.50.05.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Can you post the link with the announcement? I was pretty close in post number 26. Maybe they read it. LOL.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Smoking deal guys. Need to have a chat with the wife... I've had a few dealers contact me, so I won't be surprised if these baby start selling out.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. This data seems to support the view that the Extreme aero is an option and not included in the base price because it says the following at that link. So, if it is an option, what will it cost? The $117, 895 does not include gaz guzzler tax and delivery. So if they charge $7500 or so for the extreme aero package, the car will problably end up all in at about $129, 995 with the extreme aero package. SRT needs to synchronize the data on the images at its site with this data if it is correct. The data at their site suggests that the extreme aero is part of the ACR.
  • Optional ACR Extreme Aero Package (late availability) delivers nearly 1 ton of peak downforce at top speed through massive adjustable dual-element carbon fiber rear wing, rear carbon fiber diffuser, unique SRT hood with removable louvers, detachable extension for the front splitter and additional dive planes

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully, Tim K will give the green light to send the new ACR to the Ring and re-claim the production car lap record.

I'm sure the below caption will hold true at most tracks LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth