2ND ANNUAL NJ / NY AUTOX CHALLENGE!!

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on NY/CT guys+girls we need you to keep our CUP........its a great event with some great opportunities if you place well .............we need you and I guarantee you will have a great time :)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on NY/CT guys+girls we need you to keep our CUP........its a great event with some great opportunities if you place well .............we need you and I guarantee you will have a great time :)
Steve,

Don't I need to bring the Cup...just for show? :D

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6433NY_practice_session2.jpg
[/IMG]

Scott, Please bring the cup, if you can fit it on your sled.....

By the way, notice a race pro only uses one hand to drive one of these babies
6433NY_practice_session.jpg
[/IMG]

Don't forget you will need helmets:2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAN....do Bobby and the boys run a nice event. Looked like there were about 30 Vipers. Less that expected but a nice turnout nontheless. I had to leave before the afternoon runs, but it looked like the few NY region gents were leading the competition. Tom and Adrew were leading the pack. I heard wind of some new formula that NJ was attempting to employ to "steal the cup" back to the toxic side of the Hudson. Something about averaging the top 5 driver's times (since NY/CT only brought 3)???

Regardless, the course was fast, the food was serious and the company was prime!

3 cheers to the NJ Region for an EXCELLENT event!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, great event. Lots of fun, great weather. I know there was not as much as a turn out as wanted, especially from NY !.....and I hope that improves next year....but Tom, Bobby, thanks for everything and for agreeing to do the right thing and go for the average of the top 4 on each side instead of top 5.

Tom Hayden, your smooth skills to keep that edge was fantastic. Ben (NJ) great job and thanks for a close competative 1st - 2nd battle. Also, Ben, thanks for the tip on air pressure, but could you have told me that in the begining ??

The CUP is HOME where it belongs. NY, NY..... Top of the Heap, King of the Hill, Top of the List, A # 1, NY....

AHhhhhh..........

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morgan Reese did I think a 37 something in that car he had, and I think the Lotus guy did a 39 something, but they both were Non-Viper.

I think the top 5 were:
Tom Hayden won overall with a 40.05
Ben took second with a 40.07
I got third with 41.1 or 41.2
The 4th and 5th were in the low to mid 41's

From there it quickly went into the 42's, 45's and 47's

It was a great race for the top spot, going back and forth for a while. I need to practice for next year. I can't keep doing this 2-4th place baloney.

Hope somebody got some pics.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys, I was exhausted from yesterday. I want to thank everyone who participated. From the looks on everyones faces, :D I can guess you all had a great time. I also want to thank Perry from AUTOX4U for setting up and timing a great course. He and his people made the event a success. He took pictures and you can see them at his website. Some really good shots. Thanks NY for coming out, it was very close with the overall times this year. Here's the official TOP 10.

Tom Hayden: 40.594 (NY)
Ben Wagman: 40.811 (NJ)
Andrew Cinque: 41.170 (NY)
Eric Buchalter: 41.474 (NY)

Tom Roeller: 41.725 (NJ)
Todd Grecco: 42.520 (NJ)

Dan Tuohey: 43.614 (NY)
Rich Tuscan: 43.903 (NJ)
John Greco: 43.951 (NJ)
Ron Remshel: 44.039 (NJ)

Based on the guidelines and criteria Dodge set for the competition. You must be a member of a participating region and a member in good standing. The top 2 drivers who will be given an all expense paid trip to Detroit to compete against the Dodge SRT Engineers in an AutoCross Compettition. Congratulations:

Tom Hayden and Andrew Cinque!:2tu:

See everyone next year at the 3rd Annual Venom Cup!
P.S. I'll try to post whatever pictures I took for the event later, I was real busy!

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A huge thank you to Tom Roeller for putting this together. Thanks to Dodge for the great prize of all expenses paid to Detroit to go head to head with the viper engineers in an autoX. Thanks to Perry from AutoX4u who set up the course, did all the timing, and kept everyone safe. Thanks to the NJ club for all there efforts and to everyone who participated. This is a great event!!

I wasn't able to stay for the competion but got a few practice runs in, and a couple of pictures of the first group during practice.

Thanks to Warnock Dodge who helped sponser the event and brought along a few cars. You should of seen how far this one went.
You must be registered for see images attach

clearing the track

ohhhh that old gag...slipped on a bananna peel:D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank Tom Roeller and the entire NJ club for the event this year - perfect everything. Food, organization, competition, trophies, atmosphere, even the weather was terrific. Ummm, yeah, and if that's how you want to win it.... ;) (thanks.)

I'm not going to gloat over the top time this year - some of you guys are catching on how to do this and it's making it a little harder to stay up front. Ben Wagman had me working. While I might have had the best single time, his runs were more consistent, no doubt from autocrossing his Viper on a more regular basis than me. I wish there was a way to bring Ben along to Detrout; his experience would help conquer the PVO team.

The details will come out, but the top performers all had upgraded rear brakes. Top two had 40mm rears, others had Stoptech all-arounds, Gen 3 had 4 piston Brembos of course. If you want to feel comfortable horsing your car around, all Gen 1 and 2 owners should read the very informative technical information on the Stoptech site and consider their products, or buy the brackets from Dave's Big Brakes, or ask me about the rear caliper conversion. Pick any one that fits your taste or budget, but for performance and safety, do the rear brakes somehow.

If you have never tried it, look up the local autocross club and ask about an event. It may not be a favorite for everyone, but the cost is low, it's likely to happen nearby, you can't hit or hurt anything, and it'll wake you up to how good the car is and maybe how much better the driver could be. It's the kind of event that you can take your best buddy, son or daughter, spouse or whoever to and share driving the car.

Besides beating Ben and the others, I was very happy to best the two Lotus Elise cars - I really expected their lighter weight and cornering agility to come out ahead. Hey, if my tired, 90K mile Gen 1 can keep up then any one of you guys reading this have a good chance, too. Get out there and try it!

With thanks out of the way, I must say that the trophy is... well... HUGE! I can wash lots of brake parts in it, probably save hundreds of $$ of pennies in it, and say "yes, Dear, I'll only have one glass of wine..." Anyway, when it's empty again, I'll probably leave it at Tator's Dodge for the "viewing".

And for the NY guys - plan ahead next time!! It was closer, harder, and more exciting than last time - it'll be even more so in the future and we'll need more of us. (I vote for counting top ten cars next time.)

Thanks again, NJ.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Tom Roeller:2tu: !

As many of you know, putting on an event is very time consuming, and takes great planning. Tom did all of this on his own, and deserves to be recognized for his efforts. Well done my friend!

Congratulations team NY/CT, two years in a row!
(if you want to win that way) lol
Mr. Hayden......you dah man!
Andrew.....great job, and yes you are headed to Detroit with Tom:2tu:

Don't let us down guys!

Thanks to Scott Greyson for coming to this event and supporting us.:2tu:

Thanks to Perry from AutoX4u for doing an outstanding job once again....see you next year Perry!

Thank You to our two regional dealers:

Warnock Dodge & Buhler Dodge

We greatly appreciate your support!:2tu:
I urge all of you to visit one of these great dealers when the time comes to buy a new car...or just have your current car serviced.

A special thank you to our National VCA Officer's for your support and choosing the Venom Cup as the Venue for the National Auto Cross competition in the north east.:2tu:

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Tom, Bobby, Perry and everyone else who made this happen, another great event.

Just curious, how is it determined which club gets the Trophy? Just the one fastest time or how many NY/NJ people place in the top 5, top 10 etc???

Ron

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We took the top 4 fastest times, since NY didn't have 5 drivers, like they were supposed to. So we made a decision to let them win that way (LOL). It was very close this year. Next year the rules are the rules, 5 or forfeit!
Really, It's all in good fun! We always have a blast with those guys. There's always next year!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Next year we stick to the rules. 5 or forfeit, but at least we will know this going in.

Thanks to all again !!!

I know Tom Hayden is a seasoned AX pro at winning, but I'm not and I am really looking forward to Detroit !

AC

bwagman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys, I was exhausted from yesterday. I want to thank everyone who participated. From the looks on everyones faces, :D I can guess you all had a great time. I also want to thank Perry from AUTOX4U for setting up and timing a great course. He and his people made the event a success. He took pictures and you can see them at his website. Some really good shots. Thanks NY for coming out, it was very close with the overall times this year. Here's the official TOP 10.

Tom Hayden: 40.594 (NY)
Ben Wagman: 40.811 (NJ)
Andrew Cinque: 41.170 (NY)
Eric Buchalter: 41.474 (NY)
Tom Roeller: 41.725 (NJ)
Todd Grecco: 42.520 (NJ)
Dan Tuohey: 43.614 (NY)
Rich Tuscan: 43.903 (NJ)
John Greco: 43.951 (NJ)
Ron Remshel: 44.039 (NJ)

Based on the guidelines and criteria Dodge set for the competition. You must be a member of a participating region and a member in good standing. The top 2 drivers who will be given an all expense paid trip to Detroit to compete against the Dodge SRT Engineers in an AutoCross Compettition. Congratulations:

Tom Hayden and Andrew Cinque!:2tu:

See everyone next year at the 3rd Annual Venom Cup!
P.S. I'll try to post whatever pictures I took for the event later, I was real busy!

Sorry guys, thanks Tom Hayden for the great competition and the pitch, but I'm totally shocked, disappointed, and speechless :rolleyes:

Ben