3.45 rear gears

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the best place to purchase 3.45 rear gears. Are their different manufactures, or are they all the same.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my 3.55's put in at Unitrax - half a day and under $1200. I love 'em! Really puts the power in a more useable range for street driving.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Mazon - 94RT No CA:
Does Unitrax have their own gear set, or are these Chevy gears, Richmond, etc? Anyone know? I have heard that some gears that were being installed (aftermarket) early on were too soft, and were losing teeth on the pinion gear. I am interested in a gear change, but only want to do it once!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe Unitrax uses Dana/Spicer products. I asked if they were going to use Richmond gears on my Viper, and they laughed, saying that they only use the highest quality parts and accessories. I guess Richmond is below their standards. Anyway, they have a one year unlimited warranty, and I have heard nothing but good reviews of their work.

BTW, they are where Claude Short sends their gear work on the cars they upgrade.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Unitrax have their own gear set, or are these Chevy gears, Richmond, etc? Anyone know? I have heard that some gears that were being installed (aftermarket) early on were too soft, and were losing teeth on the pinion gear. I am interested in a gear change, but only want to do it once!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth