375/20R21

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone running 375/20R21 on their viper or have any pics of an SRT with a 20/21 combo? Wonder how that set up will look.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too think the 20/21 combo is a good look, seen a couple of widebody C6 vettes with that combo and its very :cool: for street. I may go that route with my current coupe:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of even the vetts? I cant find any online.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a 20/21 combo with 375 tires on back on a SS widebody vette. Of course the viper would just have a 4" rear lip and not the 8" lip this vette has.

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Already done it... sold three sets. They look incredible.

Sorry though, no decent pictures of them yet, they are all either not installed or installed on immovable cars!

You must be registered for see images

This is a set of Imola's, Anthracite centers, Carbon Lips, Orange Pinstripes on an Orange Gen-3/4. One other set is full chrome Classic-2's being installed Monday on a Red Gen-2, and the last set that is still in production is a set of Astras, Translucent Black Clear over Polished center, Carbon Lip, Red Pinstripe on a White Gen-3/4.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry though, no decent pictures of them yet, they are all either not installed or installed on immovable cars!

This is a set of Imola's, Anthracite centers, Carbon Lips, Orange Pinstripes. One other set if full chrome Classic-2's being installed Monday, and the last set that is still in production is a set of Astras, Black-Chrome center, Carbon Lip, Red Pinstripe.

Please post pics ASAP:2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please post pics ASAP:2tu:

The Gen-2 chrome set I can get pictures of early next week. It will be a while for pictures of the other two.

And for anyone wondering, yes, the contact patch of these Pirelli's is a full 1.5" wider than the 335/345's!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen-2 chrome set I can get pictures of early next week. It will be a while for pictures of the other two.

And for anyone wondering, yes, the contact patch of these Pirelli's is a full 1.5" wider than the 335/345's!

Dan as soon as you get some shots of any viper on 20/21 combos you have to start a thread and then as you get pics of the gen3 cars you can update the thread. I will be the first member to subscribe to that thread:2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will do. The cars are running a 375/20/21 rear, and a 295/25/20 front.

One of them will be running 305 or 315/25/20 however... its my car, so I will take the chance on clearance, but it should be fine.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the pic saved at home of the 345/20 Invo compared to the new 375/21 Pirelli...very big difference!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chambers has 20/21's on his silver Underground car, and it looks great. I have multiple pictures of that car, but not mine to post. I am kicking around running them as well. It actually does look good, but iForged I believe is limited to a three inch lip with the 21. I am not sure if other brands are able to get a four inch lip or bigger. Definitely not a wheel for Chuck, but it is a good street car look, and should perform similarly to 20's. I don't think the overall width is really all that much different from a 345/25 Nitto or Pirelli. Wider, sure, but not all that much.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is a set of Imola's, Anthracite centers, Carbon Lips, Orange Pinstripes on an Orange Gen-3/4. One other set is full chrome Classic-2's being installed Monday on a Red Gen-2, and the last set that is still in production is a set of Astras, Translucent Black Clear over Polished center, Carbon Lip, Red Pinstripe on a White Gen-3/4.

Hard to tell from that pic but it looks like the tire is sticking out of the wheel well way too much. If so, I definatley don't like the look of that.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chrome set that I am installing Monday ARE going on a Gen-2.

The 20" iForged that you sold me for the rear of my GTS... running PS2s... I already have a slight rub with no lowering. How in the world are you getting a tire that's 1-1/2" wider in the back of a Gen 2? Will all that fit INSIDE the wheel well or is it going to extend out past the inside edge of the rolled under fender lip? Which is where mine rubs.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 20" iForged that you sold me for the rear of my GTS... running PS2s... I already have a slight rub with no lowering. How in the world are you getting a tire that's 1-1/2" wider in the back of a Gen 2? Will all that fit INSIDE the wheel well or is it going to extend out past the inside edge of the rolled under fender lip? Which is where mine rubs.

Thats strange. I had HRE545's and HRE547's on my GTS and it was SLAMMED with no rubbing issues. I was running 20's all the way around and PS2's. Maybe the I forged wheels have a bit bigger outer lip:dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats strange. I had HRE545's and HRE547's on my GTS and it was SLAMMED with no rubbing issues. I was running 20's all the way around and PS2's. Maybe the I forged wheels have a bit bigger outer lip:dunno:

I do have a 4" lip on the rear but it's the tire that rubs not the wheel of course. The question still remains, where do you stuff an additional 1-1/2" of width?

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a 20/21 combo with 375 tires on back on a SS widebody vette. Of course the viper would just have a 4" rear lip and not the 8" lip this vette has.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry but I think the rear end of this car looks like total crap with the wheels sticking out like some 82 Buick Reagle low rider. :blah:

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I think the rear end of this car looks like total crap with the wheels sticking out like some 82 Buick Reagle low rider. :blah:

I agree. Those aftermarket SSrear fenders are crap.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have a 4" lip on the rear but it's the tire that rubs not the wheel of course. The question still remains, where do you stuff an additional 1-1/2" of width?

I believe the because of the biger Iforged Lip vs the HRE lip you have bigger out lip vs your inner lip and that is why your tire rubs. More rim on the outside then the inside.

To run those 375's on a gen two with I-forged wheels you would definitely need to roll the rear quaters, or trim them in our case since they are fiber glass. I do belive there is enough room on the inside of the car to fit the extra wight on the inside. You would really need to play with the offset to get it right.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hard to tell from that pic but it looks like the tire is sticking out of the wheel well way too much. If so, I definatley don't like the look of that.

Nope, its fine. The car has no engine or trans in it, so it is sitting REALLY high. It sticks out the same as the 20" iForged wheels with the 4 inch lips, or the HRE's for that matter.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan what is the weight of the setup? Have you measured the width of the 375? What width wheel are you using?

I havent weighed it, but I think it may actually come in LIGHTER than a 335/30/20 setup, as it is actually 1/2" smaller overall. Its just a tad larger than the 345/25/20 lots of Gen-2 guys use.

The 21 is a 13.5" rim, and the tire itself has a 13.25" tread contact, and is over 14" wide at the bead. [335/30/20 and 34/25/20 are about 12" contact/13" at the bead]

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The main rubbing issue on the 20" is the tire DIAMETER, not the width. These tires actually end up being shorter than yours, even though they are wider. The width has next to nothing to do with it in these cases. Most of the width is added onto the back of the wheel, not the front.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The difference is that you likely were running a different offset than Dave had to, because of his Big Brake kit. That is the problem that is often run into- there it not enough "curve" in the spokes to adequately tuck the wheels, and still clear the Calipers. They may have been able to change your offset to "tuck" your wheels more, or you were not running the same tires as Dave. If you had 335/30/20, then you must have had a lucky unaffected car. I suspect you were running a 325/25/20, which will NOT have any rubbing issues.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe the because of the biger Iforged Lip vs the HRE lip you have bigger out lip vs your inner lip and that is why your tire rubs. More rim on the outside then the inside.

To run those 375's on a gen two with I-forged wheels you would definitely need to roll the rear quaters, or trim them in our case since they are fiber glass. I do belive there is enough room on the inside of the car to fit the extra wight on the inside. You would really need to play with the offset to get it right.

The lip sizes are the same for many of the HRE/iForged sets. The offset can only be played with so much, depending on the caliper/rotor sizes. I do not anticipate a problem with the 21's on the Gen-2 however, as the wheel is tucked the same as a 4" lipped 20", but is actually smaller diameter overall. The width is not really a factor here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235