528 Hemi Engine, Any Comment On This???

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super Fast. I had a twin plug 528 Hemi Keith Black engine. Blown with NOS it made almost 1400 HP.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love that head design. It's been bounced around since the late 60's. It put Dodge on top with the hemi big-blocks, then ford
used it in its small block mustang Boss motors and 351 Clevelands. It's been modified from full-hemi, open chambers to
semi-hemi closed(quench-type) chambers, but they all make high-flow, high horsepower. Harley Davidson(V-twin type motors)
use these heads for high horsepower. Head design allows for
largest valve size,but multi-angle valve heads cost more to produce and machine shop costs are slightly higher.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is not quite Viper related, but I thought someone in here might know something about this engine and could make a comment about it. I was thinking about tossing this in an old Chevy and was wondering what anyones experience was with this engine? Super Fast?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All hemi's are ultra-flowing motors (excelent head design). However, their valvetrain geometry causes some problems and needs to be adjusted regularly. They are also LARGE... 800lbs large.

If your thinking about a mopar crate motor, make sure you tear it down and inspect everything before you drop it in... their crate motors are known for their failures.

Make sure you run a set of elephant ear mounts and a built 727..

MadMaxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine