6/6/12 TWS Arm Drop 1/8 Mile Street Car Drags.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I would post this in here in case anyone was interested.

For the last two months or so every other wednesday night TWS has been holding a "fun" pinks style arm drop street car drags down pit road. No timing equipment just two cars first to the finish line wins. This is on non prepped asphalt with little or no burnouts, and no water box. As you can imagine it takes a bit of skill to get a Viper out of the hole clean, but I was surprised at how well it actually held. You can make as many passes as you like (I would make a couple let it cool and then make a few more, probably made 10 total). Last week there was a good cross section of cars including a 9 sec shoebox, couple of big power stangs, some stroker motor vettes, and a few boosted imports.

Cost is 10$ to get in at the gate and 10$ to tech in and race. Obviously with it being 1/8 mile speeds are not too high so safety requirements are minimal (no helmet, but wear long pants). Gates open at 5pm, racing starts at 6pm, and goes till dark or later if they add lights like they did last time.

As long as the weather is good ill head out there again next Wednesday so if any other Viper guys want to come out let me know.

Andy Wheeler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmBQQKi6OAA

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome Andy! I've been waiting for you to post the vid - this kinda event sounded (and now looks) awesome as chit

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's awesome Andy! I've been waiting for you to post the vid - this kinda event sounded (and now looks) awesome as chit

I'll post a few more, I actually didn't lose that evening, took down a procharged mustang making 530, a 409 stroker C5 making 490ish, a heads and cam TA, and a few others. There was one supra there making huge power but the guy just couldnt get it to hook, it would have killed me on the way home though.

Eric and Rob are keeping me sharp:D

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like a lot of fun and way safer than my days back in Aggieland. Ohhh and great way to represent the Viper community.