700r project

Tom Mc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought a 2010 viper and am sending to hennessy for the 725 hp upgrade.

Anyone try this ? I've read about them but never done business. Opinions on this upgrade ??

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please do a search on Hennesy. I have not had any work done by him and after several reads will never.

Good luck

Bruce

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like its a tad too late the car has been sent? I would say pass on that. Thats a lot of coin spent on less than par service from what I understand. TT

OP
OP
T

Tom Mc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in Florence Al.
The magazine articles looked great and the upgrade looks good - but 17,500 is some coin. My concern is that with forced induction is get
Into issues I do not know about.
After many fast cars and many upgrades this looked good till yesterday.

For that money and with a 2010 what would you guys do and who have you used that you recommend ?????

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Headers, Exhaust, Ported intake, and maybe a PCM. That will get you to the 700 flywheel.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers, Exhaust, Ported intake, and maybe a PCM. That will get you to the 700 flywheel.

Plus ported heads to get you to 700.

Get with Dan at DC Performance in LA, he has all you need and has built a number of of strong 700 flywheel Gen IV's. Real HP, conservative dyno #'s, and a great reputation.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus ported heads to get you to 700.

Get with Dan at DC Performance in LA, he has all you need and has built a number of of strong 700 flywheel Gen IV's. Real HP, conservative dyno #'s, and a great reputation.

Listen to redtanrt10. :)

OP
OP
T

Tom Mc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read a lot of the terrible posts about hennessy. I called and bluntly told the sales person about my concerns. I reiterated our deal, 3 weeks to pick up and four weeks to finish and see the Dino in person. I did not mention that I am a cocky trial lawyer with hundreds of trials and 25 years in the courtroom. I am , unfortunately, vindictive.
We will see. I like Houston and could have some fun there with my law school buddies.
However I WAS TOLD that John Hennessy is no longer there. They say he could make cars go fast but a terrible business person.
I intend to have a good experience. If not all y'all will know and then I'll do my thing, with copies and rulings and examples. One way or the other IT'S GONNA BE FUN.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents. Headers,full exhaust,Mopar PCM,polish and port match the intake. You will make 615-630 rwhp or 675-700 flywheel hp.
More hp than the tires can handle till you get into 3rd gear.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at least youre a lawyer, you will need one.

in texas there are 2 tuners id ever go to. A.R.T in buda and RSI in houston.. at least you were warned

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you for real? I'm sorry but you just don't sound like a lawyer, and your certainly not making any decisions based on logic or fact.

OP
OP
T

Tom Mc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thomas W McCutcheon , Florence Al
Try google.

And I may be making a mistake.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck.:eater:

I hope this doesn't play out like so many 'previous episodes' before it. I can hear the deep baritone movie preview voice now:

"Out of town Viper owner ships car and big $ to nationally recognized Viper tuner shop in Houston.....will it end up a great car or end up in court.":eater:

I hope I'm wrong. Welcome aboard. BTW, we have PCM, headers and some track mods on our '08 and '09 and love 'em. Making about 575 to the wheels on a conservative dyno on both cars. They are both still slower in a straight line than our blown GTS.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe have the car bypass Texas and continue on to Dan's, you'll have more fun in SoCal anyway!!

Knowing the past problems that the H-man has had in the past, why in the world would you still call your business Hennessey if:

A. He wasn't involved

B. He has an ego the size of Texas

C. All of the above

If you do end up at Hennessey, this would be a great time for them to step up and do a great job for you since most of this forum has doubts about their integrity.
Good luck and I hope regardless of where you take it you end up with a monster of a beast!! Enjoy the ride.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
T

Tom Mc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I made the financial commitment before I checked it out on the forum. What have read in the magazines was great , but if I had checked in here first I wouldnt do it.

There are too many recommended tuners not to consider. In my experience the best I've ever used is Ruf , they are truly great. I represent Roock racing and they have done work for me in the past.

I think doing the intake and exaust work first is , for me , the right way to go.

Anyway I have been lucky enough to drive great cars every day for 20 years But the viper is one great machine !
It handles , has more curb appeal , people taking pictures plus , no need to downshift. It just goes.
I love it.
Thanks for the insight , I should have asked earlier, but we will see and I'll tell you all how it goes.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please do report back on how the experience goes. Good luck with the build.

Dpshook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step 1 Get car back .Step 2 Ship car to A.R.T in Buda. He can get a gen 3 to have 800ish power at the crank and 700hp at the wheels for a lot less. I wonder what he could do to your gen 4? Give him a call/

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here. I bet you have a decent experience actually. I know a few of the techs personally and they are some of the best in the country. I believe John is still there but has a business partner and the have really turned things around. I have a friend that has had two Cadillac CTS'Vs modded there with nothing but praises.

I hope I am right and I hope you are happy, good luck!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, if you need someone to go check on it and take pictures let me know. I'll see what I can do for you but they are still an hour from me.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moderator Edit: Video removed, contains Hennessey web site address etc. Too much advertising for a non site supporting vendor.

Well I checked on the status of Tom's car. I was provided a link to the video of it on the dyno. Also, the car has already been shipped back to Tom so I am sure he can give feedback. Glad everything appears to have gone well.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you commenting on me following up on the progress of Tom's car? Or that he took it to Hennessey or that Hennessey actually finished the car and shipped it back?

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
F8L SNK, Comment not directed to you or anyone in particular. And glad to see a happy Viper customer. just didn't think anyone in the Viper nation used that vendor anymore. I've had a "Negative" experience with JH in the past. :rolleyes:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I understand that Heffener here in Sarasota does a great job on twin turbo installs. They do a lot of Lambos among others. I know they have done some Vipers in the past.---Dave

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at least youre a lawyer, you will need one.

in texas there are 2 tuners id ever go to. A.R.T in buda and RSI in houston.. at least you were warned
Good people at RSI
Doug Levin is also good people, as well as Todd, from A&C performance, all of these guys took their time with every question I had for the
Paxton kit I'm doing on my 99 viper, I will be buying all the extras to get me to the 850-900 rwhp numbers I'm looking for, from these
Vendors.
I would stay away from hennesy like a I would stay away from a street corner **********.
I'm buying all the extra's(going for 850-900+)