710hp; 700 lbft torque, Naturally aspirated

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many folks know, I've been getting my engine rebuilt following a nasty, rod and piston shattering event at the track last year.

After many delays trying to find a competent machine shop here in Colorado, I finally decided to ship the engine to Kevin Singleton at Exotic Engine Development He got the machine work done, and built the engine for me in a very prompt manner.

The engine has a number of goodies on it, most notably the new Striker heads from J.M. Cylinder Heads a proprietary camshaft, lightweight custom billet crankshaft, forged rods, pistons, etc. etc. The cylinders have been bored out slightly to 4.125" (up from 4.03" stock) and fitted with Darton sleeves. I stayed with the stock 3.96" stroke rather than go with a stroker motor because I didn't want to increase the rod angle. Total displacement is 529 cubic inches.

After assembly, Kevin put my engine on the engine dyno for some break in. During the break in run,the engine made 710 horsepower and 700 pound feet of torque. This was with a generic crate engine ECU that is not tuned for this engine. (Kevin didn't tune it, because I'm using a VEC2 for tuning, and the engine dyno he was using isn't currently wired to incorporate a VEC2.)

So, I'm looking forward to getting the engine back (hopefully some time next week) putting it back in my car, and seeing what sort of rwhp and rwtq the car will make after some tuning with the VEC2.

I'm not entirely sure what Kevin did to make this much power, but if you want to ask him, I've heard that Exotic Engine Development and J.M. Cylinder Heads are going to have booths at the upcoming VOI9.

I will post an update when I get the engine back in the car, get it tuned, and obtain some dynojet numbers. It's been almost a year since I've driven my Viper, but it's finally getting close to finished. I can't wait! (I'm going to have to learn how to drive it all over again.)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! :2tu: Now that's some serious NA power. It's like having a GTS-R under the hood ;-)
Your next challenge will be to find a track in Colorado that has a long enough straight to enjoy all this torque :headbang:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was looking at the Exotic's web site and saw this

"... We will continue to develop engine packages around the new Striker heads for all types of applications including the upcoming 10 Liter V-10."

10L V10, now that's a Viper engine!

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was looking at the Exotic's web site and saw this

"... We will continue to develop engine packages around the new Striker heads for all types of applications including the upcoming 10 Liter V-10."

10L V10, now that's a Viper engine!
Are you kidding me!?!? Is that possible?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine