9 days, 3000 miles in my Viper coupe (Power Tour)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I completed my 5th "Long Haul" last week on the Hotrod Magazine Power Tour. This year I did the trip in my supercharged '06 Viper coupe, where it was featured in the Nitto Tires booth for the first five days, and then the Mothers Wax & Polish booth the last two days. We had a great time, and the car ran flawlessly the entire trip. Still managed approx 25 mpg on the highways, cruising about 80-85. Pretty nice for 675 rwhp! The car rode pretty nicely with the Nitto Invo tires, 10x better than the harsh runflat tires it originally had.

I only saw four Vipers during the trip, mine being the only modified one. If you haven't ever done Power Tour, there is always next year! This year we went to these cities:

Little Rock, AR
Springfield, MO
Topeka, KS
Lincoln, NE
Ames, IA
Rochester, MN
Madison, WI

Next year it starts in Madison Wisconsin.

1,500+ photos here!

Hotrod Power Tour 2008

Oh yeah, and the girls LOVED the Viper:

HOT ROD Power Tour 2008 - Day 4 Coverage

Tony :2tu:

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What chick doesnt like a Viper. I had one come up to me and say Sir even though we own a mustang I love your Viper the most. This was a local car show of around 200 cars Fathers day show

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the introduction to the Power Tour. I have always wanted to do the tour, even join for a leg or two. Just have not scheduled it in. Anyway, I am sure you have more stories/pictures !!! Share please...

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw your car on display at the Rochester stop. Didn't realize it was yours or I would have said hello. Did you see the '08 SSG Coupe on the dyno around 5pm?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a helicopter that we saw being transported, pretty cool.

Keith, I didn't see any green Vipers on the tour. BIG show!

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw your car in Rochester and it is a very nice car; I was invited to ride shotgun in a 1960 F-250 6 cyl 4 speed so I did not have my Viper there. Prior to joining the tour in Ames IA, i thought with poor economy and high gas prices, turnout would be poor; then I find out they had 4000 cars registered for the Tour!:2tu:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to join a power tour. Maybe i'll look into it next year. I have a few buddies that do it each year and they always talk about how cool they are. I might go next year. Thanks for the pics! Awesome Viper!

V

Venomiss

Sounds like a great time! Hopefully you'll submit something for Viper Magazine on it with all the good pictures? If we had known the dates for Topeka and Springfield I would have let the local region know. Next time for sure!:2tu: