'93 Cross-over car

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Vair, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Vair

Vair Enthusiast

Hello, I am new to this forum and have just purchased my first Viper. It's a 1993 black, rear antenna, A/C, battery in middle of the trunk, cross-over car. My question to you all is, how many '93 cross-over cars where produced in black?
    Thanks
    Shawn

2. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA President

I've never heard that term before, granted I'm not a familiar with the really early cars. Just out of curiosity, where did you hear it? Was it something the previous owner told you or something you found out through searching yourself?

3. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

I’m not certain, however, I think it’s in reference to the exhaust system. I did a little looking on the data I have and it’s not mentioned but hey, I don’t have all the data... yet ;)

4. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Viper Owner

I believe the reference is to the '93 cars made in the same configuration as the original '92s. Basically the '93 antennae cars.

ViperJeff likes this.
  5. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA President

Is that why the battery isn't in the normal location? Does the antenna take up the space normally used in the rear fender for the battery?

6. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Viper Owner

Production after the "cross-over" cars saw the antennae move to the windshield and the battery by the left rear wheel.

7. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Thank You Sir, it's nice to be able to understand it better and know it's not an exhaust thing. Just wish my data was a bit clearer on the whole topic