931 rw hp Viper

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you guy's race GET THAT RACE ON VID!!! I would pay to see those 2 cars do a 60-200+mph race!!! Talk about the race for "The King Of The Hill"! we can call it "The Monsters Of Power Race"

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the turbos are GT-368's (custom twins)
Yes the car does have alot more in it, Spark blow-out was not alowing me to run any higher boost that day, I am still working on the problm. I too think traps in the 140mph range at 0ft are going to be there with 30psi or so...

Amir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:

I agree Matt, but that video won't be complete unless there's a single turbo supra (bryce Dana's) in the backround getting spanked by BOTH cars as their racing each other, hehe
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be too sure that Bryce would get spanked by both of the cars easily. I remember (from the ZR1 Forum) that SW raced one of his friends TTZR1's with his Single Turbo Supra. He said the cars were evenly matched and SW makes about the same power as Bryce. Who knows, Bryce might get beat, but certainly not spanked. I don't mean this to be a flame, just shedding some light on the post.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROBERT,JOHN HENNESSY WANTED TO RUN ON HIS SCHEDULE.I TOLD JOHNNY BOY TO RUN STEVE UELIGGER'S VIPER FIRST. STEVE RUNS HIGH 9 S ON SPRAY.THEN I WOULD BE HAPPY TO RUN THE WINNER.I ALSO SUGGESTED TO JOHN TO SET UP A RUN OFF WITH THE CAR MAGAZINE MOTOR TREND.NOW IM STILL WAITING ON JOHN. SO WHO'S WAITING ON WHO? THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THE LINGENFELTER ZR1 TWIN TURBO WILL BEAT THE VENOM 800 OR 900 OR 1000 IN THE QTR.MILE. .WHATEVER THE VENOM NUMBER IS DEPENDING ON WHAT DAY IT IS. THE LINGENFELTER 427 TWIN TURBO WITH APX 700 R.W.H.P. RUNS 9.5'S IN THE QTR. ALL DAY LONG.IF THE ZR1 TWIN TURBO DOESN'T SMOKE THE TWIN TURBO VIPER ILL BE THE FIRST TO CONGRADULATE JOHN. REGARDS!......NORM KOERNER

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SNAKE EYES YOU LOSE!:
ROBERT,JOHN HENNESSY REQUESTED TO RUN ON HIS SCHEDULE.I TOLD JOHNNY BOY TO RUN STEVE UELIGGER'S VIPER FIRST. STEVE RUNS HIGH 9 S ON SPRAY.THEN I WOULD BE HAPPY TO RUN THE WINNER.I ALSO SUGGESTED TO JOHN TO SET UP A RUN OFF WITH THE CAR MAGAZINE MOTOR TREND.NOW IM STILL WAITING ON JOHN. SO WHO'S WAITING ON WHO? THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THE LINGENFELTER ZR1 TWIN TURBO WILL BEAT THE VENOM 800 OR 900 OR 1000 IN THE QTR.MILE. .WHATEVER THE VENOM NUMBER IS DEPENDING ON WHAT DAY IT IS. THE LINGENFELTER 427 TWIN TURBO WITH APX 700 R.W.H.P. RUNS 9.5'S IN THE QTR. ALL DAY LONG.IF THE ZR1 TWIN TURBO DOESN'T SMOKE THE TWIN TURBO VIPER ILL BE THE FIRST TO CONGRADULATE JOHN. REGARDS!......NORM KOERNER

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW!
redface.gif
redface.gif

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheyster:
Kewl! A no-holds-barred Texas smackdown! Shoot lots of video please! I have a question: At any time during these little romps does anyone come out with their "big gun" 1,500 hp hot-rod and put everyone down?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh what ever hapened to the Grants Performance 1500hp Twin Turbo car. Has that ever hit the track or is it still having turbo heat troubles?

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to Zr-1's the peak power does not tell you the whole story. Those cars will make the power up to 7200-7400 rpms.
That means you can run deeper gears and/or hold and pull harder/longer on each gear... makes a big Difference...

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I believe that I-10 has enough lanes for all of us!

NORM - THANKS FOR SPELLING MY NAME RIGHT!
smile.gif

John - I have only seen the smiley face I wanted to use for you on the www.suicide-kings.com forum ! Seriously though, get P. Daddy to coordinate lunch Friday.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mister HP:
Wow gang, sounds like something is about to hit the fan in Houston!!! hope somebody has a broom & dustpan to clean up the mess!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see........Mister HP.....Decatur Indiana.....

Who might this be?

Amir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up? I think that you might have misunderstood my reasoning behind posting. I'll write you an e-mail because I think it is pointeless wasting anymore of VCA's bandwith. Sorry if I offended anyone with my post, didn't mean to at all.
smile.gif
smile.gif

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROBERT.....THE MOTOR TREND COVERAGE COULD HAPPEN.IF ANYONE CAN PULL THAT OFF JOHN I GOT A NEW DADDY HENNESSY CAN.HE DID IT BEFORE AND CAN DO IT AGAIN.SO DONT LAY MONEY DOWN AGAINST THAT ONE.STEVE U..... THE I 10 PROGRAM SOUNDS GREAT!WE CAN PUT JR. IN THE MIDDLE LANE......JOHNNY BOY...... THANKS FOR THE QTR. MILE WIN OVER THE INTERNET.IF WE RUN 60 TO 160 DO U WANNA RUN 80 TO 180 OR 50 TO 150 WHATS UP WITH 60 TO 160 OTHER THEN THE NUMBER 6?ANY HOW WHEN IM BACK IN TOWN NEXT WEEK WE CAN GET THE DETAILS WORKED OUT.LOOKING FORWARD TO RACING THE FAMOUS TEXAS TUNA AND THE FASTEST TWIN TURBO VIPER ON THE PLANET.P.S. EVERY NOW AND THEN A BLIND SQUIRREL WILL FIND A NUT!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Houston Club took to the streets last night! (Golder, **** Daddy P, Steve, John, Myself, Shakedown, Jason, Frogger) We had a little bit of everything.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The entertainment value was off the hook!

All I can say is, 'Bring on Snake Eyes!'

Peter got great video but I couldn't because I couldn't keep up w/ Ueligger or John (waaay to fast for me)
pissed.gif

I myself don't think anyone can beat that Twin Turbo. Not from a roll like they're racing anyway. I have a blast everytime all the Viper guys go out! Cool to live in a City where there are a handfull.

February 2nd's coming up too!

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey mad,
That TT now has 50% more boost(from 8 to 12). I think I could have pulled him in his 8psi form. Still, he is beatable. Just not by me.
frown.gif

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:
I'd have to agree with you Matt, there are very few "street" cars on earth that would be able to beat that TT Viper on the highway....I would say highly tuned TT-covettes would be the only type of contender. ("MADMKIV" NO supra would have enough grunt to make the grade, too small of displacement=not enough area under the curve or boost responce; that video clip was old news son; john was only at 7~to~8 psi)....not to mention, even at 12psi, john car still has A LOT MORE left to go with a low compression built motor! Svsi systems already has built V-10s that can easily take 22PSI...imagine John cars at that level, it would be simply laughable mentioning ANY "supras" or even 820+RWHP ZR1's at THAT point.

However, let's bring out Meaney's C4 corvette in it's 1700 HP set-up (it's bigger trim turbines) Here's a link to it-" http://www.popularhotrodding.com/archive/features/0102_phr_features01.jsp "...now that would be a killer race!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well LT5 there is one Supra that I think would give him a good run....Its the Powerhouse Racing 1300hp Supra....It did an 8.9 at I think 159-160mph...They say its a full street car but I dont believe any car that runs methanol is a street car....You cant go to your local gas station and fill up....But it would probably beat Hennesseys car......The Supra have better aerodynamics Ive heard so they trap at higher mph in the quarter...Just imagine a highway run..The aerodynamics would factor in even more.....I think Powerhouse is in Texas too......I would love to see that race.....

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, congratulations! 931 RWHP is just PLAIN sick, and on a stock bottom end!
smile.gif
I'm sure the car has a lot more potential than the 10.2 @ 143 MPH shows! Keep us posted on how the car does on the 1/4 mile with 12 PSI in every gear.

LT5@Redline, what does YOUR car run?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...Achieving a 8.9@159 running on pure methanol isn't impressive (when compared to domestic cars). Running on methanol on 30+ PSI on any small-block WILL generate WELL OVER 2000+ HP, and it's done regularly in drag racing.....your looking at even more power than that with the viper 8.0 liter V-10....you're talking deep 6-sec performance on a stock chassis if someone was pressed enough to prove it and FULLY exploit it's V-10 motor with "rocket fuel" and HUGE turbos....like they did with that one-off supra. It's not comparing apples-to-apples. The vipers motor can achieve more power than that supra on GASOLINE...now that's amazine (and it's also having 10 cylinders and 8 liter
smile.gif
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I stand corrected...I didnt look at it like that LT-5......That would be one scarry Viper. Hope someone builds it
biggrin.gif
....As it stands that HMS 800 is a serious asp-kicker. Aint many cars out there that can mess with it....I would love to see another MT spread on it. Maybe versus Ligenfelters tt Vette..Not just straightline but circuit racing too...My money would be on the HMS 800.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10Venom,

Perhaps a "Goodyar" blimp could film it.

I am trying to figure out how some of you guys carry around your coconuts? I guess there are racers and there are spectators.

I can safely say I am a spectator.

mplsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thank you

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by mplsviper on 01-30-2002 at 06:48 PM</font>

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha, did someone say something about a supra ?!?!? I want you (John) to find the S.W. character or any other T88, T72, etc single turbo supra which the "internet supra geeks" hail as their god, and SPANK it like a celica real quick on the way back home from your DEEP in-to-the nines run at the strip. Once again, way to go John.

Kevin D., who are you? I have had several LPE 415 ZR1s, including the fastest one ever built. The TT ZR1s are fast, but the fastest one so far has run a 10.8@143 with a 70shot. You really don't have a clue. Bring your chevy down here and lets run. Quit hanging on everyone else's sac...

SW

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SW:

Kevin D., who are you? I have had several LPE 415 ZR1s, including the fastest one ever built. The TT ZR1s are fast, but the fastest one so far has run a 10.8@143 with a 70shot. You really don't have a clue. Bring your chevy down here and lets run. Quit hanging on everyone else's sac...

SW

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch...
biggrin.gif

SW those are some sweet cars you've got.....That Supra of yours is ridiculous...I think V800 can match your et but that mph..Jesus...That 10mph faster than the V800...He might have to turn up the wick a little more to overcome his aero disadvantage to equal your speed. "cough" if you were ever to run each other "cough"
biggrin.gif
...Gotta love those Supra's......I have a few friends with them..One being a 10sec auto....Some people just underestimate a car with less displacement. ..But thats what the turbo's are for
biggrin.gif

Is your Viper stock??Somehow I doubt it..Later

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
Like somebody said a long time ago, "There is always somebody faster...". And I am sure that includes several Supras out there running 2 bar plus nos that have our TT covered. Go easy on us Supra guys, we just run small boost and no nos over here, thanks
biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DON'T GET IT.. DO YOU RUN NOS or don't you? I'm so confused. You jsut stated a few days ago you ran a 75HP shot....It's not that it's bad, just misleading if you say you aren't and you are...
smile.gif

Gerald

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets