931 rw hp Viper

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
Hi Gerald, what was the date on that statement I made? I think it was from 2-3 weeks ago at least. In the mean time, the owner of the Venom 800 decided to have a 75 shot of NOS to the car. So to answer your question, all previous dyno runs including 931 rw hp and track runs were performed on boost only (7 - 12 psi). The 75 hp NOS system is now just being finished on the car and has not been run yet. When we get a chance to dyno it or run it at the track, we will let you know.

BTW, does anyone know what the best 1/4 mile time is for a SC Viper without NOS? Best dyno number for a SC Viper without NOS? Thanks Gerald!

Let's just get right down to it: Who has a SC Viper that wants to run boost vs. boost from 70 - 170 for a big chunk of $. Please speak up, thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, WOW, I am priveledged to get some smack talk from the Tuna!

John, that statement was from 3 days ago, not 2-3 weeks ago.

Here it is..

Gerald, thus far the numbers generated by the Venom 800 Twin Turbo have been from boost only. We were curious how the car would run with a 75 hp shot of NOS, to get the car out of the hole a little better at the track. So, we should see soon. The gas is mainly for the track or running against other cars with gas. To be fair to Norm we will run each other boost vs boost, no NOS. We will let you know what happens, stay tuned. Hey Norm, remember that you can only turn your boost up so much...

Here is the link http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000519.html

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peanuts:
I was told that the twin turbo viper had nitrous on it when it ran a 10.11 when a magazine guy drove the car. Did they take it off and now put it back on again? This was told from some friends in Austin.Also, what is the fastest SC to run with or without nitrous, and how about motor only.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows what to beleive anymore....
Bring one of those Lemon ?50's to the track. You know the ones that dyno at 500 RWHP and have stock components in them...

laugh.gif

Sorry in advance..

Gerald

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peanuts:
I have not been on this board long, but why is it every post Mark Lublin posts, he's crying like a baby?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search the archives, you'll get the whole story.

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John
Your old buddy here? You should take the car to the Maxton mile
and run it there,run it boost only or with nitrous and boost?
That way you dont have to run it on the highway,and it is only
one mile long. you will show all the people that doubt you about how fast it is with boost only, or with the nitrous.I think that would make Ed happy.Go set a record making all that power should be easy for someone like you.John it is a concrete run way just like the airport your at.E mail me and I will send you the info,maybe you can get the Magazine to show up.

Ron

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see any NOS and I was there when it ran 10.11. A lot of Houston Viper owners were. I saw it in his shop (3 weeks ago?) the night we paired up for a little 60 - 160 action and there was only a gaping hole where the spare should be. No bottle then.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Ron. My post was for peanut. I think he got some wrong info from a guy in Austin.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
Actually the DIY kit will be from Paxton -- same parent company, but different line of blowers. On the low end, I like the Roe kit from what I see of it, but will withhold judgement until there are a few installs prowling the streets.

Kevin,
Man, back off on S.W.! He's the real deal here, along with a few others -- guys with extremely fast tuner cars who race their cars on the track instead of the dyno. I've scratched the surface of drag racing myself, and there's a lot of driver skill involved in getting a roadrace-oriented car into the 9s.
While we're on the topic of your post, I also disagree about the big-turbo Supras. My old '97 made 619 RWHP, and it was surprisingly easy to drive on roadrace courses. Once the tires were good and warm it would get traction in 2nd, and the big turbos meant you could play the lag coming out of corners. The tiny stock turbos, with their instant-on action, were much more challenging on corner exits; one guy in a BPU stuffed his car into the outside of turn 4 at Laguna for just that reason.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peanuts- Do a little research on the board. Search my name and you can read all of what I have written over the last year. Then let me know if you just think I'm being a cry baby.

Hennessey- I am not here to talk smack with you, I simply couldn't compete. You are the King of Bullsh*t! I am just here to help out on the boards when I can and expose a criminal who deserves to be behind bars.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S.W....being that you're jumping the gun (nearly a MONTH late) to call "me a joke" about a comment I made a whiiile ago exposes how pressed you are. Come down here in your celica/supra and I'll show a lesson in several different ways, but thats not going to happen is it ?? So just yack your mouth with your keyboard.

And you are going to show me a lesson how?

Kevin, first off you don't know me very well. I'm more into road racing than drag racing. I can buy a 7 sec car, a cheap mustang or camaro if I wanted to, but thats not what I'm into. Your the one started this with a post you pulled out of your a.. My fast Supra is a full street car with a/c and no cage, and I can drive it daily. You talk about Eddie Bellos' Porsche, it's a FULL race car. You forget I DO OWN Vettes and Vipers also, and have raced all of them. You talk about TT ZR1s, I set up the deal with John Lingenfelter for the building of the only 4 TT ZR1s to be built. The TT ZR1 can only take so much boost before it blows the cylinder walls out, thats why they make the power they do. You need to do some research before you open your mouth or key board.

FYI, if you want to see a real 9 sec street car, visit www.TurboImports.com

SW

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LT-5@redline,

As one of the former "Supra groupies" as you call it I have to agree with you on the capabilities of the Supra and cars like it. However there are several things that you and several other people are wrong about.

Eddie Bellow's Porsche: Far from a full interior car, actually completely back halved, if he still had the car you could go see it. I raced with him at many events and have looked at the car up close and everything is covered very well but its still obvious if you know what you are looking at. And besides he would not be in the outlaw class if he was a full interior race car. That class belongs to back halved race cars.

Supras: All these supra guys who come on the internet and claim these amazing hp numbers and super fast 1/4 mile times are all delusional. In the past I have had my run ins with these types at supra events and track events. Every time the result was the same, they got spanked horribly. Even their amazing dyno jet numbers cant save them from reality. Don't get me wrong there are a few of them who do have fast cars, but for the most part they don't go bragging about how fast their car is on the internet or on their website, they are the ones who go to the import events and actually run the times they claim. And to date none of these Powerhouse or SP or any of the others have bothered to actually come out and prove their cars on the track.

Grants performance Twin Turbo viper: The car is truly awesome, I just saw it the other day its basically done just waiting for the wiring to be made. The owner of the car wanted some personal changes to be made which slowed the project down but it is on its way to completion.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Lublin:
For anyone reading this post now, Hennessey edited out that I am a New York ****, I guess other New Yorkers might get offended by that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sounds like a compliment to me ;)

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John.....weren't a you a financial consultant to Enron?...

Looks like everyone in Houston uses your accounting methods...

Thanks for keeping the board interesting and "litterate" (sic)

Gerald...thanks for the entertainment!!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My deed is done..

John, you are by FAR THE MOST EASIEST PERSON TO MANIPULATE online..
I've done what I've wanted to do....

...end of story...

bwhahahahah

2 e-z

Thanks John!

Gerald

I'm sure you car is fast but that is not what I wanted to get "out"...

hee hee
p.s.
When I said taking candy from a baby, did you think I meant racing!!????? OMG! LOL!!! See whuttamean!? It was to show ppl the real deal... Stop now John, for yourself and future customers online..

------------------1998 Red GTS, Supercharged by Doug Levin Motorsports

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Gerald on 02-06-2002 at 03:51 PM</font>

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geeez John...that must have taken all your skill on a computer...not to mention all the calls you did not answer while you were doing it....

BTW (John, that means By The Way) Your Mom and her girlfriend look good. Looks like Mom(left) has lost a few LBS....

And your wife went on the trip too....were they celebrating Ellen getting her show back on the air? What a nice family photo for you to share with the board...and you took such a nice shot....that wide angle lens must have cost you a great deal of one of your customers money...

All the best to you .....BTW(oh you know what that is now) When does Ken Lay come to pick up the Enron Viper? Make sure you get the money first.....oh...you already do that....never mind...cannot use Visa though....hahaha

Luv Ya Cuz....

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
window sticker for HMS ENRON Viper "Passion for Greed"...can not wait to see that in the next MT.

John....wake up....your phone is ringing again....

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
It doesn't look like I will post on this thread anymore. I am not a smack talker nor a drag racer. Never said I was, never pretended to be. I help people with the knowledge I've gained about the Viper and about you. The things you come out with are so foolish that I can't continue here. I will watch and post on other threads continuing to help people who have been burnt by you. Anyone reading this who is having problems with HMS please email me and I will help you out anyway I can. I feel I'm qualified since am one of the few who recovered the money which John Hennessey stole from me. Good luck all!

sc300tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:
S.W.... BLAH BLAH BLAH .........this board.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww, has somebody been getting spanked by a local supra owner?
tongue.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! I haven't even bothered to come to the board lately because it was so boring, Suicide Kings is a lot more entertaining! I was wrong!

John,

It's easy for people to talk a lot of smack because #1 they're on a keyboard & #2 they're so far away.
But when you took the race to them......well you saw what happened! People are being exposed left & right. I always say, Keep it Real, but that's just me.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
After all this time you still don't understand me. I could care less if people think I'm a "New York ****" for exposing your criminal actions. Anyone who thinks badly of me for helping our Viper community not to get ripped off in the biggest scams I know of, is just plain silly. While most people don't like to come out publically, I am still getting emails from Viper owners who are falling prey to what seems to be the HMS way. I'm sure in time their stories will be up here like others have been in the past. It saddens me that they didn't know about your poor reputation prior to going into an expensive deal with you.
I urge everyone out there to do research on this site and talk to people who have had both good and bad experiences, check with the better busines bureau as well, before you make any decisions about which Viper tuner you are going to give you hard earned dollars to.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Yawn.

Lublin, you are a **** and everyone on here knows it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW!
And potential customers read this site as well.....

Gerald

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rusty,
What's up? It's been a couple years since you got booted from the Supra mailing list and I wondered where you went. I met you at HRP Drag Wars back in 2000 when we were in the staging lanes together. I came up and shook your hand and told you "Saad said to say hi" and we both had a good laugh. You remember, that AZ ***** we both hated. Then after my pass you ran your rusted '82 ****** brown turbo celica you thought was a Supra (recently Kryloned a nice silver) into the wall [ouch]. Anyway, I thought that I brought you bad luck and I felt bad about it, sorry. You seemed like a cool guy and all.

You're mistaken about the Powerhouse cars as my old bud Ben Blaylock used to run consistant 9s @ 150 in the red '98 Supra way back in '98 with a full leather interior, Kicker 12s and a TV at all those Drag Wars events. PHR has recently run 8s with an IRS full interior Supra, but who cares. You mention SP. I believe they have quite a few Supras in the low and mid 9s - all full weight stock interior and actually stock suspension using drag radials. It's ok, I know you've been out of it for awhile, I thought I'd update and correct you.
Take it easy man.

John H

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
LT-5@redline,
Supras: All these supra guys who come on the internet and claim these amazing hp numbers and super fast 1/4 mile times are all delusional. In the past I have had my run ins with these types at supra events and track events. Every time the result was the same, they got spanked horribly. Even their amazing dyno jet numbers cant save them from reality. Don't get me wrong there are a few of them who do have fast cars, but for the most part they don't go bragging about how fast their car is on the internet or on their website, they are the ones who go to the import events and actually run the times they claim. And to date none of these Powerhouse or SP or any of the others have bothered to actually come out and prove their cars on the track.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sc300tt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John H:
Hi Rusty,
What's up? ....... thought I'd update and correct you.
Take it easy man.

John H

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Hein, be nice to ole Russ. Ever since he got busted at NIRA in Phoenix for trying to cheat with that GM tranny he's been a little traumatized. You know, I still have that wall kiss video from Houston somewhere.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how you guys are still the same dyno jet/internet racers you were years ago. I would think after all this time you would get tired of making amazing 800hp at the rear wheels while still running 13's. Why is it that all these supras you claim are sooooo fast never run it at any event where there are people or magazines to post the results?

You can insult the 85 supra all you like, but bottom line is it went faster than any of you ever have or will and it did it 3 years ago. And it made it to 2 of the supra events just to make sure you guys had a fair chance. What was the next closest supra to mine? Can you say over 1 sec slower in the 1/4 mile? I knew you could.

BTW. Obviously you don't follow any of the import publications cause if you did you would know that the supra was up and running 2 months after the crash. And was faster than ever to boot, which is about 2 sec faster in the 1/4 mile than you could ever muster.

PS. The new car is a full tube chasis civic, care to make any interesting comments on that one?

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its nice to see that all this cr-p is bleeding over from the Supra forum & Corvette forum. I thought when I bought a Viper I escaped the bickering. RussM, I had a black 94 Supra two years ago running very low #'s at Ennis. The low 11 & 10 sec. cars are out there, just because you say you dont see them doesnt mean the are a myth. By the way I was running a twin setup.

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rusty, why the hostility? I was simply saying hi. I'm just happy to see you finally have a decent car.

John H

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Rock:
Good reading...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=234868
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My God....I cant believe what I just read......All these people cant be wrong about this guy....Ive never seen a tuner with so many complaints...Its all over the internet...On Supra, Vette, Viper, Honda sites......I despise crooks...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62