931 rw hp Viper

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

First off I am not being hostile at all just proving the point. Second of all the hostility started with your self, Rusty? Would you like to be called Johnson?

I wish that you smack talkers would at least once have the nerve to say it face to face. At any of the meets you either run and hide or come up and pretend like its all in good fun. Either way you show your true colors.

Never said that their were not fast supras out there, just that most of them were much slower than claimed. The AZ guys like Saad, and Guilly turned out to be actually very nice guys. And out of the whole crowed seemed to be by far the most willing and able to replicate what they claim.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT-5@redline:

BTW Russ(or whoever said it)...Eddie bello's 911 Turbo is NOT back-halved!! Eddie Bello's 911 Turbo porsche still stands as the fastest "street" import in the U.S. at ~165 MPH trap speed in the 1/4. "back halving" mainly benefit's front engine/rear drive car's as it allow's them to run much wider tires and/or altering the stock chassis weight distribution for FAR better traction than the stock layout would allow. The Porsche 911 already has the best chassis layout known to man for putting the power down as it's engine/drivetrain all sit in the rear. It was a standard 93' 911 carrera 2 chassis that his 8 sec STREET car was built on (with standard porsche G50 tranny as well). And as far as S.W.'s comments were concerned about it (not to hurt his ego about his supra), bello's car ALSO has A/C, radio, etc. (full interior) I've seen that car live, up-close-and-personal several events...and believe me, there's no person on any of these forums that knows 911's and what they're capable of better than me. I'm a PCA member and am far more into road racing where 911's dominate practically every north america race track there is, and have been doing so for YEARS. "There's no substitute" definitely applies here.

I can only see big-inch domestics being able to touch the benchmark that 911 has set for the ultimate "street-car" performance.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
LT-5@redline,
As far as " there's no substitute " I must disagree! Seems to me that the Oreca Vipers won the FIA GT2 championship a few years in a row in Porsche's back yard. Also, I believe the Vipers won the GTS class at Le Mans a couple of times. I also believe a GTS class Viper won the 24 hours of Daytona overall. Has a GTS class Porsche ever done that when they used to run in that class before being afraid to race the Vipers? Porsche won't even run in the class as a result. I guess their new motto should be " if you can't beat them...just leave ". Also I believe Bobby Archer's Viper won the Speedvision GT Championship on our North American road courses. Seems I also remember the Vipers winning the ALMS championship on our North American road courses. Porsche only runs about thirty cars in the lowly GT class...what a surprise one of them finishes first. As far as the ultimate " street-car " comment I must again disagree! I've pulled up next to several 911s including Turbos and not one of them has been willing to run. Porsche's days of performance are in the past. Go brag to your PCA buddies. You should also take some time to read a little more and catch up on current events over the last five years. VIPERS RULE IN AMERICA and europe!
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
LT-5@redline,
I believe I mentioned many more Viper wins than just the ALMS. The fact remains that the Porsches can't compete against the Vipers in the GT2 and GTS classes. I could probably claim that the Porsches were favored by the rules when they had their wins also before the Vipers showed up. BTW, since when is a 2400 lb. 911 considered production based? The current 2002 911 GT2 weighs 3321 lbs..
Also, you did not address the fact that a 911 is no match for a Viper on the streets.

usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif
usa-clear-s.gif