94 viper optima battery replacement advice?

rvc9911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi , getting ready to replace my DEAD battery with the red optima. has anyone recently done this with their gen1 roadster? any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Optima batteries have a good CCA, excellent reserve capacity but there is one problem I've experienced with them. Once the've suffered a complete discharge their really hard to bring back to a full state of charge. It's the chemical in them that seems to react this way.

Regards,
Doug

OP
OP
R

rvc9911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great news!! the red optima battery fits my 94 roadster perfectly! i didnt have to play with the battery harness at all.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Optima? Why not a stock battery?
confused.gif

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make sure check to see if the posts on the top fit under the steel bar and dont rub. I had that problem with my 94 and ended
up going with a regular long lasting battery.

ryan

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RVC9911,

I replaced my factory battery with an Optima and it is great. Keep this in mind...I originally went to Autozone looking for a 95-75 Red. I found it but noticed another next to it. I can't recall the exact model but have the receipt out in my car if needed. Anyways, it was the exact size but was about 100 more amps and $10 more. You should get the best one out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS