96 GTS Service Manual

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Chuck Tator this past week and he is shipping me a back up key remote for my car. He said I am going to need a 96 GTS Service Manual so that I can program the new Key Chain Remote. Does anyone know where I can get the 96 service manual or has one? I haven't tried eBay yet but I will be soon. Just thought I'd check on here first...

Thanks,
Anthony :2tu:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Chuck Tator this past week and he is shipping me a back up key remote for my car. He said I am going to need a 96 GTS Service Manual so that I can program the new Key Chain Remote. Does anyone know where I can get the 96 service manual or has one? I haven't tried eBay yet but I will be soon. Just thought I'd check on here first...

Thanks,
Anthony :2tu:

Ebay has alot of them available but are on and off.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's in good condition, couple of creases here and there, but solid overall. And yes, it's the blue one for the GTS.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron:

1. Ensure the alarm system is not armed.

2. (1996 ~ 1998 GEN II) Ground pin C13 loose green wire taped to harness of EEM connector, which is under dash mounted on the left side of trans tunnel, directly above accelerator. Easy access if you remove knee bolster and rubber bungee cord that holds EEM to tunnel.

2A. (1999 ~ 2000) As #2, but instead of C13 you're grounding Terminal 1 of the DLC. (9/30 update...Ron found out that DLC is the Data Link Connector, i.e. the under dash OBD2 connector which is above your left knee)

2B. (ALL GEN I) Ground green "Program" Wire located next to SAM and RKE modules. Is a green wire with a bullet connector on end. Is located under driver's side instrument panel.

Hint, Make sure you're connecting to a solid body ground by testing it with an ohm meter.

3. Turn ignition to run position while green wire is still grounded!

4. EEM acknowledges entry into programming mode by flashing the dash LED. If it doesn't flash, you either:

- Have the wrong wire

- Aren't solidly grounded

- You came off ground after the ignition switch was placed in the run position. Start over.

5. (All GEN II) Press BOTH buttons on the transmitter simultaneously and continuously for 10 seconds. You will hear a triple horn chirp when FOB is accepted by the EEM.

5B. (All GEN I) Press and release the arm or disarm button on either FOB, then same for the next.

Hint: Make sure your transmitter is working, i.e fresh CR2032 battery $1.19 @ Zbattery.com and good clean battery contacts. Many times your problem is an electrically weak connection within the FOB itself.

6. You MUST program all FOBS during the same programming process. You can program up to 4 on a GEN II and I think only 2 on a GEN I.

That's it. Turn the ignition off and remove green wire from ground, then test the arm and disarm functions.

I've done 4 FOBS myself and found it quite easy once you find the green wire.