Reaction score
My current mods are:
K&N Cones
Smooth Tubes
Belanger Headers
R/T High Flo Cats
3" Corsa Cat-Back
:drive:
It seems to get harder and harder to keep up with all the new cars on the road with mods that can actually keep up with you or pull away. Most people see the Viper and can't believe they can hang with it. I don't street race but on open roads I always get challenged.
I am not looking for extreme mods but decent mods that will keep the car reliable.

I appreciate your input.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on how much $$ you want to spend. I hear a gear change is cheap and makes a big difference on the street. The other thing I would consider is a really good tune, which can make a difference, especially if you haven't tuned the car after the mods you've done thus far. Beyond that, you can go nitrous, which is power on demand, and reliable if you have the right system and safety components installed. Just my $.02.

OP
OP
B

byron69

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A supercharger is a faster upgrade which I will do down the road as long as reliability will not be jeopardized but I wanted to explore more options before I got to that level.

Based on my current mods, sounds like the rear gears (3.55) and a tune are a good next mod. Anybody know a Viper tuner in New Mexico?

:dunno: I came from the 993 Series 911 Porsche crowd what is a VECII ?

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A VEC I, II and III are "piggy back" type computer systems (made by ROE Racing) that plug into your factory ECU. On my Mustangs I toyed around with in the past, you could turn the distributor to advance the timing and change the fuel pressure regulator to adjust the fuel. Well, if you notice, Vipers do not have a distributor. So, the only way to tune the cars is by tweaking the settings in the computer system. The VEC allows a tuner, or yourself, to plug in a Laptop computer and adjust the fuel curve, timing, etc.... It is a MUST on supercharged or turbo'd cars (to prevent detonation), but will also help gain a good bit of HP and TQ on stock cars too.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Set of Mopar 1.7 RR, PM 99 R/T 10 if you're interested

thats where i got mine.

then a VEC2, then a roe s/c

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A supercharger is a faster upgrade which I will do down the road as long as reliability will not be jeopardized but I wanted to explore more options before I got to that level.

Based on my current mods, sounds like the rear gears (3.55) and a tune are a good next mod. Anybody know a Viper tuner in New Mexico?

depending on what kind of boost you would be looking to get out of the a sc, I have the 3.55's and love them, but I would think that a 3.07 would be better if you are looking to go the sc route.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good drag radials and a 200 shot.... Im sure you can keep up with most but for people you need a little extra for... spray them

OP
OP
B

byron69

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of HP increase can you get with a set of Mopar 1.7 RR ?

Will this upgrade maintain reliability?

Thanks in advance for helping the green guy :D .