A/C gets hot when you step on the gas hard

oncebitn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Before I bring the Viper in to get this checked I thought I would check with others to see if it is normal.

On a hot day (30 celcius, 86 degrees for the Americans) I have the A/C running hard and when I step on the gas the air coming out of the vents gets hot for a second or two and then gets cool again. It's almost like the a/c shuts off temporarily.

Also as a side note I noticed that when you fill up the Viper it is best to turn the nozzle upside down to get closer to the fill line (impossible to fill it up to the fill line). I guess someone thought we would be using gas cans like in Nascar.

1999 Viper GTS with Corsa Exhaust.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Nathan...

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
yep, at full throttle A/C is shutdown automatically to give you more HP.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS IS NORMAL!
BURNOUT.gif

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oncebitn:
&gt;&gt;&gt;On a hot day (30 celcius, 86 degrees for the Americans) I have the A/C running hard and when I step on the gas the air coming out of the vents gets hot for a second or two and then gets cool again. It's almost like the a/c shuts off temporarily.&lt;&lt;&lt;

YES, this is normal and THIS is the secret of the VIPER engine - what you feel - the warm air coming out of the vents --- is the "exhaust fume" of the many hamsters inside your engine running in hamster wheels at high speed during hard accelerating...
grazy.gif

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
...sorry MODs, i couldn´t resist...

Jim Sullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't like the hot air at partial throttle openings put a vacuum reservoir tank in line from your vacuum line coming off your passenger valve cover. About a $10.00 fix and works great.

OP
OP
O

oncebitn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I didn't want to bring it in if it was normal. I had a feeling that the power was given to the engine and that you (the driver) must suffer to more hp just for a few seconds.

Nathan...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Sullivan:
If you don't like the hot air at partial throttle openings put a vacuum reservoir tank in line from your vacuum line coming off your passenger valve cover. About a $10.00 fix and works great. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo Jimbo !

NORMAL, but not necessary to get heat-gunned. The vacuum cannisters maintain the needed vaccum to enable the A/C to stay on. Installs in 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62