A Charity Cruise You Won't Forget

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Driver…SPREAD THE WORD,

We have a very unique opportunity to make a FANTASTIC change in a child’s life…all while being able to watch it unfold before our own eyes. First, a little background, then onto the event details. Through Sparta Elementary School, there is a program called “Project Giving Tree” that parents are able to enroll their child if they are economically disadvantaged. These kids receive free or reduced price meals at school. Some kids don’t even have enough food to eat at home and come to school hungry most days. These families can’t afford to pay their monthly bills or provide adequate clothing for their kids, thus buying Christmas gifts is out of the question. Thankfully there are very generous individuals, like yourself, that step up and make sure these kids do get gifts for Christmas. It’s so wonderful to think that a child’s belief in Santa can remain alive for another year because of you! It will be a blessing for you too to get to meet and interact with the kids whose lives you will be touching. I know they will be excited to have the opportunity to see and ask questions about your unique cars.

Event details:
- Meet up with a donation (wrapped gift or money) for a child (boy or girl) between age 4 and 11
- Put on your Santa hat if you have one J
- Join in a big Christmas cruise over to the school in BeltonJ
- Right before we arrive the kids go outside for a “drill”
- We pull up and they are surprised to see and hear all these really cool cars that they have either seen on posters or don’t even know what they are. J
- The kids will get their pictures taken with the cars, ask questions, drool and giggle with excitement!
- Then we all get out with presents (yet a double whammy for the kids) and follow them inside to the atrium where a Christmas tree will be setup and we will place the presents and get to see the Christmas joy overcome these kids who many thought would not even get a Christmas dinner much less a present from one of Santa’s helpers. J
- Pizza will be delivered and we will eat with the kids in their cafeteria (Tell me that won’t bring back memories for all of us).
- Then we caravan out as the kids only have a half day and get to go home after this fantastic day that they will remember for the rest of their lives!

Right now there are close to 85 kids alone in this particular school! So we are trying to rally the car folks together for this one. So spread the word!

IF you want to provide a specific gift for a specific kid you can sponsor a child by donating money (approximately $40) that will be used to buy Christmas gifts or buy and wrap the gifts yourself. For more information about this program (“The Giving Tree Project”) please contact Indy Nesby at (254) 215 – 3606 or [email protected]

Thank you for being a blessing to these students!

When:
Date: Friday, December 18th.
Time: Meet @ 8:30am (9:00am leave)

Where:
Meeting Place: Gattiland Pizza place in Round Rock (Southwest corner of I-35 and Highway 79). It’s a big shopping center parking lot.
If you don’t know where this is contact me.

Hope to see you all there.

Thank you,

Ryan Fox
Phone: 512.565.2094

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome pictures!!!! That tower picture was a GREAT idea!

Dave, I will post the link here once I have all the pictures and video together.

Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to drive down and help out...I think we made a few kids Christmas' that much better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62