A Little Fun at the DRAGSTRIP

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran the NA Gen2 Wednesday night. In time trials there was a newer Vette near me, I knew we would not line up together, a friend told the lane official he wanted to race me. We lined up and raced, it was not fair, however, everyone there saw an older viper beat the vette by 20 cars.

Later during bracket racing the old Gen2 lined up with an SC mustang, I gave him a 0.4 second spot and beat him by five cars. We both broke out, however I red lighted by .007 sec. I ran a 10.90 and hit the brakes before the lights. This was also on a night with no traction. There is at least two or thee tenths left in the car.

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely done. What kind or HP/TQ you laying down in the Gen 2?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You GO Jack! Way to Do the Viper Nation Proud My Friend, ESPECIALLY Against the NEWER Vette that just THOUGHT He Wanted to Race You! I Would Have Loved to See the Look on His Face About Half Way Down the Track! Lol!

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good question, the best speed I have had was 129 mph on a 80 deg day. My guess that is 560-580 rwhp. I will say this the car pulls very hard all the way to the limiter.

Nicely done. What kind or HP/TQ you laying down in the Gen 2?

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What cam are you running. I have a CC on the NA car and I hate it. Too small and it dies about 5000rpm.