A little help from my friends

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey dcooley,
I don't really have an answer for you, just wanted to say you got the car I wanted(beat me to it). I wouldn't so much worry about it, and you could call HMS direct. John is a nice enough guy, he'll get on the phone with you to help you out. How does the car run by the way? I really liked the paint job done on the interior, I'll bet you get tons of comments. It is a cool looking car. Why was BP selling it anyway?

Mike

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory airbox is located in front of the engine with the air intake hoses attached. If your box says "Mopar" on it, and is black plastic...it's the stock part. If it looks like carbon fibre or has the Hennessey logo..it's Hennessey's.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
wilddude- Yeah, I remember you from ebay - seeing you as highest bidder was like a nightmare. Thanks for the kind words. I love the car and yeah, the paint job and the upgrades are what sold me - lots of miles though. I swear to you, every single day I drive it, there is a story to tell. I'm sure you can relate since you seem to have picked up a Viper for yourself, where did you get it? Color, mods and such?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan,
I hated the fact the car was sold before the auction ended, but I have to say you did it better that way. I ended up with a black 96 R/T and very happy with it. It was bone stock with 37K, but for the price(40K) I got a full 3yr warranty. I plan on doing a few basic mods when I get to Alabama(transfer) like headers, 3" straight exhaust outlet to the back of the 96 side sill, rear end and B+M shifter. I plan on going to the track and dyno before and then again after all mods are done. I think I will need to get H.D. shafts because I will want to go to the track alot. I want to do something about the intake, but $1200 for a box is too steep for me. I asked for a price on a new front fascia from autoform, I'm sure that also will be steep. I'm hoping to have about 420 to 440 RWHP when I'm done. Have you gotten your ride dynoed yet? Take it to the track?

Mike
cool.gif

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Type your text hereI'm glad you got a Viper though. That 3 year warranty rocks! Now you can start building it as you see fit. Did you get a soft top for yours? Does it seal pretty well? Keep out the rain?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The car came with both hard and soft top. Also cockpit cover and 6 disc changer. Its not perfect, but it is a good start and yeah, the warranty helps big time with piece of mind. Sounds like you got rid of the 70' Buick, to bad, that was a nice car. My wildcat has the old nail head motor and finding part for it can be a pain, kinda like the 96.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen