? about the perks VCA presidents get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it true that the VCA presidents are getting their cars in first batch of SRTs? What about the VCA officers who have ordered more than one SRT? Will they recieve delivery on ALL their cars before us "PEONS"?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<sarcasm>

Jon,

Don't you think it's time we just end the coverup? It's obvious that the secret has been ferreted out.

The truth is, there was a 1-900 number you could call and punch in a code that you got via email. When you enter this code, it bumps you up to the first 100 people getting an SRT, and it cuts the price by 20%, and it changes your color to red.

Why do you think I say in my sig I have a red ordered, when all along I said I was getting a silver?

I know the 1st car is going to JonB here. 2nd is for Joe Houss, 3rd is for Tony Estes, 4th is for Steve Ferguson, 5th is mine, 6th is for Wing King, 7th is for Marv S.. and so on. These special people also get the option to trade our car in on a 2004 and DC will pay full MSRP on our cars, so we MAKE 20%!

I gotta tell you - the VCA is the biggest scam going... sign up to be an officer - trust me! They send you a magic decoder keyring, a special red colored phone with a big light on top for "official vca business" (which includes drinking alot and getting kickbacks from DC), and if you are a senior VCA person, they even pay for your car and beer.

This post will almost certainly be removed as I have uncovered the secrets of the VCA... and the VCA officers will not like it.

Oh no! I gotta go - the VCA wagon is coming down the street to get me - they must have my computer being monitored! Fight the power!

</sarcasm>

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard they get complimentary strippers at all VOI's
dunno.gif

Why shouldn't they get perks, they're the ones that step up to do the job as a volunteer to make sure the Viper nation can enjoy thier cars to the fullest extent. I say let them have it if it does indeed exist.

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I guess my conspiracy theory is not that far off. Notice that not one VCA officer has made a post stating that they WILL NOT recieve their carsin the first batch! The bottom line is I feel that the officers of the VCA should not recieve benefits the regular members do not recieve.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
Mike, I guess my conspiracy theory is not that far off. Notice that not one VCA officer has made a post stating that they WILL NOT recieve their carsin the first batch! The bottom line is I feel that the officers of the VCA should not recieve benefits the regular members do not recieve.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sympathize with your feelings but I do not agree with you, and I do not think many on this board will agree with you either.

Lack of denial does not imply admission of guilt remember.

You've made your feelings known - what else can you do? It isn't "fair" that previous owners get the first SRT's either. Janni on this board owns multiple Vipers but could not get a cert. Is it fair that you got one? Why? Why is it fair when they could do a random drawing for every Viper owner? How come it's only "unfair" when it's not in your favor?

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike
I want the special Keyring, I'll wait my turn on the Viper as long as I get the Keyring. The keyring please.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there were not perks why do the job?
I say " if they do get there cars first so what"
they give there time and effort so why not a little perk here or there. not like they are taking something they are not deserving!!
Like some recent CEO's.

Rodney King
"Can't we all just get, get, along"
laugh.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jkracer9:
Mike, I want the special Keyring, I'll wait my turn on the Viper as long as I get the Keyring. The keyring please.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill send you the special keyring.
Just e-me your last name and address update

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like you said, seems that the people that don't get a perk are the ones that feel the perks are "unfair".

As a Manager (my "day job"), I get the opportunity to "manage" (LOL) my employees. One of the most challenging parts of the job is recognizing individuals for a job well done WITHOUT unmotivating others in my group. It may sound easy, but it is by far the toughest part of my job. "You just play favorites", "You like Bill more than me", "Why did he get promoted and not me", etc., etc.

I happen to feel it is important to recognize a person that does a good job, puts in extra effort, or happens to be good at what they do. specially, when the only other option is to not recognize anyone.... I'll always take the downside that comes with making the decision to give a free dinner for an employee and their wife because an employee spent a weekend at the plant away from his family to make sure a job got done correctly..... or take the group to lunch when a project is done well, or buy a birthday cake, or buy a special gift at Christmas......

I'm certainly not getting an early SRT because I'm a regional president, Since I have a used Viper, I did not qualify to even buy one. But, if Dodge does put presidents and national officers early in production, that's their choice to "recognize" a group of people for the extra effort's that they give in the form of time and effort to make their regions the best that they can be, well than who am I to complain? Just like Dodge decided to recognize the loyalty of owners that purchased their car new, and still own them with the "perk" of being able to order and SRT. I'm happy that loyal owners are being recognized as such.

For the record, here is the list of "Perks" I get as a president:

1) A "free" issue of Viper Magazine about one week before I get the one I pay for.

reason: So I can read it and be prepared to answer questions any members may ask.

2) A nice recognition plaque (of some sort) at VOI's.

reason: see above paragraph, but that is just my opinion

3) At VOI there is usually an all day meeting prezes and officers attend, as part of this meeting, we usually get a free lunch.

reason, can you imagine 60 or so people trying to pay for their own lunch at a business meeting?

4) When the presidents/officers are required to attend a business meeting, Dodge kindly offers to pick up the room and meals.

reason: Those required to attend pay their own way to the meeting and home again. In the past I've had to pick up rooms for day before or after the meeting on my own nickel as well. I am not self employed, so one of these meeting also uses three days of limited "vacation", they are REALLY business meetings.

5) Got to meet Jay Leno at the VOI in Vegas........

6) um, hmmmmm, there must be more, but I'll have to think about it.

I feel pretty safe in saying presidents and national officers are not spending the hundreds of hours a year it take to do a good job in these offices for the list of perks above.

If Dodge is kind enough to put officers and presidents early in SRT production, cool. Dodge did that for the GTS's in '96, and I do not recall hearing one complaint about it then. Having been a prez for a while, I can say, it would be insignificant recognition compared to the work these individuals do for the Viper community. That's my two cents worth...... no "conspiracy" here that I can see.

If any individual desires the perks above, run for office
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang