Acne'd Engine Compartment - Continued...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so now its settled that in need to repaint the black painted engine compartment parts....live and learn. A friend of mine suggested that I get a good, heavy baseball bat and hit myself over the head :bonker:

Since I have always been a nut for "factory look" when re-doing things, what type of paint would make it a) look original and b) resist impact from engine heat?:dunno:

So, since it can't be taken apart, assume powder coating is out. Next would be using spray lacquer primer and then finish coat..would have to use spray cans :)crazy2:) since don't have a paint gun/compressor or a place to use it. :nono: Using lacquer would allow me to finish sand, compound and buff out for a nice smooth look.

Since I'm new to Viper-land, what do the more "seasoned" owners suggest?:eater:

Thanks very much.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Red (5k miles)

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter, aren't you taking your Viper in to see Chuck soon? He can certainly give you some tips on this one.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, yes and yes!!!

Car goes into Chuck Saturday and will certainly discuss with him.:eater: Meanwhile, as I am fairly compulsive, need to understand my options if I do it myself, used to work in body shop way back. Confident in my abilities,:2tu: not sure about quality of paint options I have if I do myself.:dunno:

Will not do myself, if I do not feel (or am told) it will come out good enough. I'm used to taking parts off to re-do, but since these are welded body parts, that makes it far more difficult.

Thanks for the advice.:headbang:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Red (5k miles)

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62