ACR benchmarks on certain US tracks from SRT

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case you missed it, here are the SRT data from testing the ACR, direct from the SRT chat session:

We are always cautious when comparing laptimes. Track conditions, drivers, vehicle condition, etc. play a large roll in laptimes and can cause variation of several seconds. With that in mind, here are some laptimes during various stages of our development - most are likely slower than the final configuration we arrived with the ACR:

Gingerman: 1:28.0
Grattan Raceway: 1:22.7
Nelson Ledges: 1:08.9
No Problem: 1:16.9
Putnam Park: 1:12.6
Texas Motorsport Ranch: 2:19.0
Willow Springs: 1:26.0

:2tu:

My local track is PP, and here is the data from the VRL for this years session, which was near perfect weather-for comparison's sake...(a time of 1:12.6 on PSC's is smokin')

Place Driver Rank in Class Best Timeof Weekend
Ben Keating 1st GT-MC 1:11.795
2. Jim Stout 2nd GT-MC 1:11.839
Russ Oasis 3rd GT-MC 1:12.408
4. Tom Atherton 1st GT-C 1:13.283
Michael Greenberg 1st GT-8 1:13.916
6. Ray Moore 4th GT-MC 1:13.705

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, thats moving. I think there was a recent post about a member taking the ACR around Willows and running 1:29's which was supposed to be a record. So if the SRT guys did 1:26's, they got that thing dialed in. Good job SRT !!!

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody have a benchmark time for MMP?

If you are referring to Memphis Motorsports Park, my guess would be in the 1:10 range. I ran my T1 2004 there two years ago and we qualified in the high 11s. We would be a second faster under the same conditions I am sure.

Nelson Ledges were run low to mid 1:09s and the benchmark for the ACR is 1:08.9.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are referring to Memphis Motorsports Park, my guess would be in the 1:10 range. I ran my T1 2004 there two years ago and we qualified in the high 11s. We would be a second faster under the same conditions I am sure.

Nelson Ledges were run low to mid 1:09s and the benchmark for the ACR is 1:08.9.
I was actually referring to Miller Motorsports Park, and the benchmark there is around 1:59 (NASA track record) on the Outer Loop, for future reference.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody ran the short or long course at Brainerd International Raceway in Minnesota? I would imagine with turn 1 being the fastest corner in NA it would be a huge advantage for the downforce of the acr.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Archie ran his ACR on the long course but I don't think he timed his laps.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see what you guys can do now compared to those numbers. very kool !

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet vid...love the way you just go straight up the uphill esses! I don't detect even a let up as you accel into the esses from under the bridge...that takes some balls! You definately used every inch of the track and run on the ragged edge! No 5th gear, which surprised me a little. I guess the ACR-X doesn't have a rev limiter, does it? (My ACR hits redline on both straights). Thanks for sharing!!